Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

It was pretty obvious there was gonna be anime melodrama after they released that guest artwork with the elf chick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah, I assume it'll either be removed or changed to a tank top. Still though, that's pretty gross Monolith Soft.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

So how many playable characters are there in this game? Is it just the ones they've shown off and now the DLC characters, or are there more?

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Infinity Gaia posted:

There's a ton, including several which weren't shown off previously.

Ok, I thought in one of the 30 minute trailers they talked about how you could recruit a bunch of characters, but I wasn't sure if I was remembering it correctly or not.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

It's also the same type of DLC that Fire Emblem Awakening and that was a resounding success for Nintendo.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Dastardly posted:

Just leaving this here in case you thought only the girls get to wear skimpy outfits.

Wow I can't believe they're porting The Phantom Pain to Wii U.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

I mean I don't think YWKON is a particularly good track but it is memorable because it was the "OH poo poo WHERE IS IT WHERE IS IT" music.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Ok, ok, no one would have brought it up if people hadn't brought it up and no one should think it's creepy that the developers took the time to make sure the 13 year-old could wear the mostly-naked costumes. Anyone who points out "Hey that's creepy" is actually the creepy one, and why would you even put her in those costumes in the first place, and it's pointless to ever discuss the content of a video game because we should all be discussing Real News instead.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

What exactly are people arguing though. Like, there's one group of people saying it's actually pretty creepy that the developers decided to let the 13 year old wear the stripper clothes, and then there's the other side that's... what? Saying it isn't creepy because she can wear other things? Saying people shouldn't talk about the game, here in this thread that is devoted to talking about the game?

In any case, complaining about people complaining isn't going to get you anywhere, so maybe if you want to discuss other aspects of the game you should do that. Be the change you want to see! :)

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

I want to see cool armor and robots because that's like 90% of this game's appeal.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Samus will live on in Smash Bros.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

I think the boob slider was dumb because you could only adjust height and boobs size. It's not like you could pick/adjust body types, or like how big the nose is, or anything like that. It was super weird and out of place.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

ManlyGrunting posted:

Did the boob slider apply to male characters as well? This is important.

No.

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

Right, screw it, whatever, just get your butchered rear end game (Not just trivial T&A bits, mind you, but actual intentional philosophical references stripped out, too.) out already so we can now complain that it won't get a sequel and Takahashi will have been screwed out of trying to make his multipart epic a third time.

I'm sure the intentional philosophical references in a Xeno game were really deep, and interesting, and added a lot to the plot.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Let's hope they got rid of the vocals in the songs too

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

The LORE was very important because it allows nerds to flex their wikipedia reading skills so they can pretend they actually give a poo poo about any of the references.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

MinibarMatchman posted:

I'm getting the CD version, I can't imagine getting anything digital like that without an external.

Is it just me or have they not said how many team members you get in the game? All I've seen is the player, Elma, and Anime Freak. Do you get another main characters or just make others on your own?

A quick glance says there's about eight "main" characters besides the protagonist, and like ten or eleven side characters that you can recruit by doing affinity quests.

TurnipFritter fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Nov 16, 2015

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Lazer sword clerics huh.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

From what I've seen the translation is ok, but you can only do so much with JRPG source material.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Some general class summaries would be nice, and maybe some info on the different branches you can join/what boons they give you. Probably also include when you can get your Giant Robot.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Motto posted:

https://youtu.be/H5GMD_-y6Iw

Survival Guide man comes out as a strong eugenics supporter.

Survival Guide man said I am of above average intellect because I'm still watching this map making tutorial video.

Edit: So making augments is just straight up crafting rather than the gem making minigame in Xenoblade? That's... ok, I guess. I will kinda miss the rush of managing to create a next level gem, but this sounds much simpler.

TurnipFritter fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Nov 27, 2015

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

I would buy a Riki amiibo if it meant I could play as him in XCX.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

I think it just means those are the arts that class has, as opposed to arts you've acquired from other classes. If you look closely, it lists the what rank you get each art at underneath the name.

• Locked thread