Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheBystander
Apr 28, 2011

Paper Lion posted:

Because I didn't pay for it, and because judging something before you finish it is bullshit. I finished it. It's the worst RPG in years.

Just play Bravely Default.

Are you honestly complaining about Xenoblade's characters and plot progression, and then recommending Bravely Default instead? As much as I loved BD, its plot was garbage that was about four chapters too long. And Agnes is way more annoying than even the worst character in XB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBystander
Apr 28, 2011

Paper Lion posted:

Four chapters too long would mean that in your opinion the game should have ended just before the Airy reveal. That tells me that you only have interest in the boring bog standard plots, and as soon as BD took its left turn and started doing interesting things you tuned out. Was it because the game got hard? was it scary because you don't like things that are different? I'd like to know why a games plot kicking into high gear would make you say "this is boring and xenoblade, a game written by somebody that just learned about object permanence, is better."

Welcome to the ignore list.

Actually on topic, this game looks pretty good, but really anime. Not that I mind, but I know it will turn some people off of the game, which is a little sad. This won't be a day 1 buy for me (I don't do that anymore, thanks Metroid: Other M), but I'm almost definitely going to pick this up.

TheBystander
Apr 28, 2011

U-DO Burger posted:

Uhhh I dunno about you but fighting Maria in XSIII and snapping her neck over and over was pretty awesome. Almost made up for the Shevat air duct dungeon.

Ziggy was just the best part of that game. That neck snap is so hilariously brutal, which makes it so much funnier when the enemy gets back up after. It was cathartic to use it on Shion at the end of the game, after all of her bullshit.

Man, X3 was pretty good. Too bad X1 and especially 2 were so bad.

• Locked thread