Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Hi is this a thread for Xenoblade Chronicles questions

Why is it I can't do the quest Romantic Notions of a Boy? I started the counterpart one and got the item you need to get for it, did that lock me out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

YggiDee posted:

Yes, the quests are mutually exclusive, because they both need the same quest item and have kinda contradictory goals.

I didn't actually complete the quest though

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

YggiDee posted:

So you haven't finished either? Did it say you failed one, or what?

I never unlocked the other one, I got the gem, found out there was another quest, went to talk to Andreas and it hasn't let me do it.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

YggiDee posted:

Oh, I thought you already had it unlocked. If you get the Tephra Drop first it's gone for good.

Well poo poo

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

Actually it would be a bad move to have Xenoblade go up against Final Fantasy 15 which is Square's big holiday release.

You're competing with the same demographic, and Final Fantasy 15 is a very ambitious game in itself.

Final Fantasy XV looks more likely to have what I liked in Xenoblade than the sequel to Xenoblade does

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

There's going to be a sequel to Nier and its being made by Platinum.

im new and why is this a big deal

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Jsor posted:

I haven't played Xenoblade in like a year, and instead of starting up again from the start and burning out, I'm probably going to pick up where I left off. If it's not too much effort, can somebody give me a quick refresher about what happens in Alcamoth? I remember the story pretty well, but I'm just about to head into Prison Island and I don't entirely remember the most recent stuff. Melia is princess and now legal heir. Her brother is cool. Alviss is some court seer and possibly working with the Emperor's High Entia consort who tried to murder Melly.

I'm mostly forgetting the big plot relevant stuff. All I recall is that the Bionis is coming back to life and that means doom, but I feel like there's something else I'm forgetting. I'm just about to head into Prison Island to give context.

High Emperor Dude went to Prison Island to help Shulk despite knowing he's probably gonna die because he's just that cool with Shulk.

Shulk does not want this to happen.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Motto posted:

This is a very apt description of Xenoblade Chronicles for the Nintendo Wii and -,'new',- Nintendo 3DS.

The first half is

There's nothing "little" about Sharla

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Sharla is one of the most poorly designed characters in an RPG period and probably the most poorly designed who isn't just utterly worthless. She actively detracts from the combat system and gameplay and makes the game worse to play which is a fairly impressive achievement. The fact that she renders it borderline impossible for you to die isn't necessarily a positive in this case.

There's a huge contrast between her and Riki in how they interact with the battle system, it's pretty impressive. Sharla's made for a standard RPG, but Riki's the number one perfect fit for Xenoblade.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Baal posted:

Fate/Extra is a game where you get to play as a voiceless high school student in the moon cell holy grail war, which is a virtual world. The gameplay is basically rock-paper-scissors where you have to predict and plan out your attack according to what pattern you think the enemy is going to use. It's actually a pretty fun game with a very simple combat system that takes it a long way. Your characters of course get skills and you can buff them. You get to choose between one of three servants a Saber, Archer, and Caster. Your goal is of course to win the Moon Cell Holy Grail war and to do this you can actually gather information on enemy servants and masters and learn how they are and that actually gives you an advantage in fights.

It's a fun game.

Can you social link Saber

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Davinci posted:

The only JRPGs that I've ever played to completion in my life are Xenoblade and Paper Mario and I love them both to bits.

Please play The World Ends With You

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Jsor posted:

Oh wow, I just got Colony 6 above whatever reconstruction threshold it takes for the music to remix itself and the song is really good. (Also, all the music on Mechonis is amazing)

Mechonis was great, and it really subverted my expectations for it, especially the machina capital.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
those are some good spoiler tags, chief

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

xenoblade's ending is really good

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Renoistic posted:

I can understand people being annoyed at that translation example since they completely changed both the tone and the characters' personalities. I do think the translated version is more entertaining but a localisation should still stick to the tone and intent of the original work. Otherwise the translators suggest the original work wasn't good enough to be kept intact. Of course, that might be true since we're talking video games, but still.

EDIT: What I'm trying to say is you should be able to rewrite the dialogue to make flow better for English speakers while still keeping the characterization and overall tone intact.

If the original characterization sucks it's ok to Samurai Pizza Cats it so long as what you turn out is an improvement

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Renoistic posted:

This is pretty much all I (need to) know about FE. (linked because I wouldn't want to explain Nowi to my boss) http://www.awkwardzombie.com/index.php?page=0&comic=040813

Nowi is awful but she's also a massive outlier and not important to the game, you can literally walk her and Gregor into a horde of enemy units and forget she ever existed.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Inflammatory posted:

wow, what the gently caress?

Gregor would never leave a friend behind

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Junkie Disease posted:

https://twitter.com/yuichiro_takeda/status/645478451881750529
"英語圏の人は、「my waifu」という言い方するけど、なんで「my wife」でも「mai waifu」でもないんだろう……?"
Oh no.
Hes the writer of Xenoblades.

I'm sure this is all very interesting

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Where's the British dub Nintendo

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Tae posted:

It's the same quality, except british

That's what makes it better

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

The Black Stones posted:

I am paying 130$ for the Special Edition because Canadian dollars are Monopoly money again.

Our PM paid the ultimate price for it so all is well

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

The Black Stones posted:

IF you didn't like the first game why the gently caress are you buying this when it's pretty much just doubling down on what the first game did?

Will there be good banter between my party members, cool music on par with Gaur Plains for exploring and also good exploring

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

No loving sale, you mean

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Inflammatory posted:

if you don't love japanese people singing in english then this isn't the game for you. this isn't the world for you.

I do, just when it's good

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Baal posted:

Lol, admittedly I was neurotic and tired when I wrote, that so my bad.

So there was no difference from your normal posting, then

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Motto posted:

That's pretty dumb if true.

The comment, the removal, or both

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Tae posted:

Nintendo put a photoshop drape over a bikini butt (Not even a butt crack), boob slider doesn't surprise me.

I'm pretty sure this is NoA. They've been consistent in removing/altering sexual stuff in the last few years very heavily.

I fear for Fates

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Baal posted:

I'm honestly pretty excited to see how far they go.

If I can't marry purple hair lady I'll loving riot

Making your character part of two different families was a terrible idea

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Baal posted:

You're right that is cool, but not because the robot was called Yaldaboth and not because of names. You could name the Monado the Sword of Anime and Yaldaboth the Big Gold Motherfucker and it wouldn't matter because that would still be cool.

Yaldabaoth as a name is a lot more intimidating than "The Big Gold Motherfucker" even if you don't know what it means (I didn't)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I'm sadder than I should be that the game called Xenoblade doesn't have a cool rear end sword

• Locked thread