Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I really, really hope this is not Xenosaga 2 2015 Edition. The last time I played Xenosaga 2 it made me stop playing jRPGs for years, it was that bad.

I wanna get back into Xenoblade but my Xenoblade save was not eligible for transfer to Wii U for some reason so I'd have to go back to the old Wii. :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Nate RFB posted:

Xenosaga 1 was probably the most hyped I've ever been for a video game. Maybe it's a remnant of that anticipation or nostalgia but I still kind of like it. The soundtrack is superb (although the way the game uses it is really dumb) and the battle system is fun even if the AWGS weren't used very well.

XS2 was really bad though!
Xenosaga 1 wasn't terrible, it even has that fun game-breaking robot you collect together, but I didn't play an RPG inbetween Xenosaga 2 and Persona 3: FES, and I only played Persona 3 at people's insistence. I thought that I had, like, suddenly grew aware of all the bad things about jRPGs and could no longer stand them, but after P3:FES and playing other games I realized no, Xenosaga 2 just really, really, really, really sucks.

I don't think Xenoblade is the best game (I wish I could combine Xenoblade's world/setting/exploration with FF12's combat), but it's so much better than Xenosaga 2, and as long as it sticks to the Xenoblade gameplay systems and doesn't stick its head up its rear end with 60 hours of cutscenes, it'll be okay. Having a silent protagonist probably helps increase the chances that the cutscenes won't get too nuts.

• Locked thread