Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i want to play this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
actually I don't think lavos cared, he just used the planet as an incubator and moved on. wasn't malicious or anything.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

augghhh

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Inflammatory posted:

please tell me you're not actually this upset that people from anime space los angeles don't all have british accents.

no, its so legitimately bad that I could not laugh at it. its expensive to do a good dub, and my expectations are tempered by that. but that isn't even hilariously bad, its just bad. did you listen to it?

it sounds like a low rent middle school production of cats

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
did you not see what video I was responding to?

hubris.height fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Jun 19, 2015

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Inflammatory posted:

oh. no i thought you were responding to the xenoblade x scene. sorry about that.

np after reviewing the posts i figured that out. the xenoblade voice acting is fine.

my thing is that i mostly just read the subtitles (or text boxes) and never listen to voice acting anyway. i'm impatient, and never really take the time to notice voice acting unless its real bad

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Crabtree posted:

So the era of Working Designs was the golden age of good video games/JRPGs?

If you didn't like Lunar and Lunar 2, then you can just see yourself out the door, bitch.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Crabtree posted:

I just want to know how the guy that made that image reacts to me enjoying American pop culture references in Lunar or Vay. Would making goofy 90s jokes be considered HORRIBLE CENSORSHIP now by the people who freak out about slight clothing changes from Bravery Default?

Odds are that they are just people predisposed to outrage. It takes all types.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
I remember the whole game (XC) fell into place for me when I was exploring the Ice Mountain zone at night. The mix of music and scenery was something I hadn't experienced in a long time.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
Somewhere a valve was turned, and the sewage pipe over the Xenoblade thread started to open up.

No matter what, Xenoblade X cannot disappoint nearly as much as Xenosaga did.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
was it... a cardboard box?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Fungah! posted:

yeah i'm buying it

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i don't remember any lewd rats in xenogears

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

he said lewd rats, not cool rats

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
gamestops gotta step up honestly

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
yea and that was awesome too

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
so the correct translation is fleshcave

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
forbid use of the word asscave, instead mandating the use of its proper translation fleshcave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
I really like the xenogears ham fisted religious imagery translation

• Locked thread