Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Paper Lion posted:

The crafting takes way longer throughout the game than just that.

And as for FF12, the game never "just plays itself" because you play preemptively in response to opponent's actions, and that's only if you set it to babbymode. If you'd like, you can go into the options and turn off the party being AI and actually manage everybody's actions. I can happily concede that if you could control your entire party, that xenoblade would have better combat than FF12, but you can't. It's just playing Bop-It with your single bar of abilities and occasionally warning them about poo poo.

Was there a not babby mode or something? Because the game was pretty easy and got easier once you got better gambits. lol turning off party AI and doing it yourself. That sounds like the worst idea for that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Tracula posted:

Another point for Xenoblade was that all the characters were worth using. I think there were a few game breaking setups but barring those I generally found myself switching it up really quite often rather than finding 3-4 people to stay with.

I hope they let you set AI options for characters. Or at least make some of them usable if you aren't controlling them(riki, melia).

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Doc V posted:

-You can dig through dino dung for items!

This better be on the gamepad.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Nookovian-Red posted:

Another Wii exclusive? Wish they'd port Xenoblade to PC. I dont care much for jRPGs but Xenoblade was a lot of fun to run around in.

Emulators :ssh: :filez:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

mune posted:

I hope the new X game is going to be as awesome as it looks, but I would even just settle for an HD remaster of Xenoblade running at a higher resolution. I would buy a Wii U just for that, probably.

I hope they do. I mean bayonetta 2 has the HD version of 1 and I don't think anyone expected that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

so many systems goddamn

its like xenoblade and civilization had a baby

• Locked thread