Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Clever Spambot posted:

Differing opinions are not "revisionist history" you tool.

No, but coming into the Xenoblade thread to say "Xenoblade sucks here's what you SHOULD be playing" is stupid, a matter of opinion and therefore subjective to taste, and I'm pretty sure it's considered threadshitting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Wiimote and Nunchuk by far. They let you move the camera during combat and you can keep your hands super relaxed while playing, which is good since it's a loooooong game.

If you can get used to this it's probably fine, I couldn't. Classic controller here.

Picked the game back up on a whim, not sure what to do with my save after the credits. Working through the replica quests now, but I don't seem to be high enough in level to get the other skill trees.. Any advice?

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

The Taint Reaper posted:

You think they're going to make this a Gamestop exclusive or is it going to get a real release?

Would be nice if they packed in both games like Bayonetta.

It's being localized here without needing Gamestop to release it.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

NTT posted:

Confirming that my playthrough of Xenoblade got way more fun when I shelved Sharla and learned to love the "heal from chain attacks"/Light Heal spam that accompanies the dps you put out as a Not-Sharla team.

This happened right when I recruited Seven and finally trusted this thread at arm's length again.

Holy gently caress, the entire game changed.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Bobnumerotres posted:

I hope the new Xenoblade has better designed towns. I got lost at the first one in the game trying to look for NPCs I had to talk to and poo poo it was just a mess. Plus there is a ton of walking, I appreciate the sense of scale but wandering around big empty cities/fields gets old.

The only town I ever had issues with was Alcamoth though. I guess if you aren't using some FAQ or the wiki then Frontier Village was a pain, but I felt the rest were very straightforward.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

LawfulWaffle posted:

Around what level should I expect to get the last character? I plug away at the game here and there, and I just got Melia at level 31. Everyone raves about this "seven" and I'd like to know, roughly, how much further into the game I need to go to find him/her/it and start rolling with a full party.

Keep going and enjoy figuring out the dynamics of different parties. You'll recruit Seven before you're done.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Pollyanna posted:

I just got to the big snowy area in Xenoblade 1. First of all, what the gently caress is this camera :( I've already accidentally fallen off a cliff and died. Second, what's the best thing to do once you enter a new area? I usually replace the more outdated pieces of my equipment with vendor crap and then go after enemies to grind for better equips, but that's usually an uphill struggle since things can kill you pretty easily if they're white or above.

Third, I like maining Melia. Her play style fits me the best. I can't figure out a good party to use her with, though. I know that I need one tank and one healer to not immediately get destroyed, so I usually roll Sharla and Dunban. Melia doesn't really do high DPS, though, so I lag behind on damage which I don't with Shulk. Is there a way to get aggro off of Melia, keep everyone's health up, and still do damage in a timely manner if I'm using her? Basically, what's her strategy?

That camera is pretty awful, but the area gets better after the start. Re: Melia, use Thunder and Ether gems and Dunban or Reyn with anyone BUT Sharla. Spend the start of a battle just popping a defensive element, Thunder, and copycat that. Fire one, if you don't pull aggro fire the other. Dunban and Shulk will be very competent at keeping the hate, you can play with your party composition for gaining affinity or doing chain attacks.

I hope X plays just like Xenoblade :allears:

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

The Taint Reaper posted:

Are we seriously spoilering a 3 year old game(5 years old in japan).

You're a troll AND an rear end in a top hat? Good to know. Between this and the Wii U thread, why are you even allowed to post?

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

ajkalan posted:

I think it's "Like a fly bit me!" but that might be the second battle. Also nothing about Xord ever gets old.

Reading this thread and playing Xenoblade near its US release, I really REALLY hoped Xord was Seven. I don't know why I was convinced it could be likely. (Midgame spoiler)

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Chronojam posted:

You probably talked to somebody that knew more about him and subconsciously made the connection -- BIG TWIST spoiler one of the named NPCs in Colony 9 is his daughter and talks about him being a blacksmith offhand

Yeah, I did. And everyone here was being so hush-hush about identity, I was expecting something crazy out of left field.

FWIW I don't mind what we got, the identity is predictable but how they got there wasn't so much.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

mabels big day posted:

I just realized Satorl Marsh is the Bionis' rear end. Lol.

Literally the oldest joke in the thread.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

You did better than I did, then. I never got around to killing the super bunny or the super dragon.

I have a file just after the story resolves ready to take on the post game, and I just... haven't. Unsure where to start or what I'll gain.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

BlackFrost posted:

So I want to try this Xenoblade Chronicles thing out that everyone won't shut up about. Do y'all suppose it's worth waiting for the 3DS release, or would the game be better played on a Wii? $60 ain't exactly that steep for a game that looks like it'll consume a stupid amount of my time, but if the 3DS version is gonna be cheaper (and portable, that's a bonus) without losing too much then it might be worth it? I dunno.

Portable RPGs are pretty awesome. No one has played the new port, but it's a very long game that's probably better for extended couch time.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Louisgod posted:

I think you should get the poster retrofitted onto a body pillow so that you can gently caress it whenever you're in the mood. Make that Monado learn a new art.

Jesus, I read the rest of the thread and I'm still laughing at this

Somehow the eyes on that Irinachia look more dead than anyone in Xenoblade.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Xenogears has a fantastic soundtrack that has legit moved me, and everyone should check out the Creid release. It's real good.

almost as good as shuk.mp4

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

planetarial posted:

No, I doubt Nopons are playable because they can't participate in Doll combat or probably areas where you can only traverse in a Doll.

Heropon... No, PILOTpon now!

Seriously, give us a loving Nopon.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

planetarial posted:

You mean ACE+ and Kiyota right? Yasunori did one flipping track and Shimamura did like six. ACE+ and Kiyota were responsible for 85% of the soundtrack in Xenoblade.

Before Xenoblade I would have told you ACE+ is a really great bandage. So much respect for them, and those orchestral cuts.

And to be fair, Shimomura did eleven tracks for Xenoblade. Many exceptional musicians!

Die Sexmonster! fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Apr 18, 2015

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Dastardly posted:

You're suffering from Final Fantasy VII syndrome where you think that one game you played is what the entire series is like.
You should relax to the theme that plays in your apartment and while customizing your DOLLS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IwMoproWI0

No, this game is kind of a confusing mishmash thus far. Soundtrack wouldn't be out of place in a Persona game I guess.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Evil Fluffy posted:

Just remember it could always be worse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUjxPj3al5U
:suicide:

I'd take washed-up Deep Purple over Sawano, Deep Purple is incredible. FF boss themes crib quite a bit from their sound.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

The Taint Reaper posted:

I can't remember where the first one is from, but the second one was just the generic battle music that I have no strong opinions over.

It's the named monster fight. Did you even have the sound up while playing XB? You Will Know Our Names is one of the best JRPG rock battle themes since Still More Fighting.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I'm pretty sure you don't need to avoid it, more you need to actually look for it. It's there if you put on armour with lovely defense, but Lyn's your tank so why would you equip that armour on her unless you want to stare at her tatas?

Are you dancing around the issue or attempting a "no u"? It's alright to admit that you're excited to play a game despite Japanese fanservice.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

That's awesome and all, but don't you think people would prefer spoiler tags for a game virtually no one has played yet?

edit: yes you idiot I'm worried about the story when discussing postgame cameos. Sometimes I wonder why I give a gently caress.

Die Sexmonster! fucked around with this message at 20:39 on May 6, 2015

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

The Taint Reaper posted:

Xenoblade is what a new Phantasy Star would play like if they didn't go the MMO route.

Xenoblade plays like an offline PSO though? I've played Phantasy Star IV and Xenoblade might be similar superficially maybe?

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

Xenogears is my favourite RPG and everyone should play it.

If you've ever dealt with a frustrating RPG and finished it, you'll love Xenogears.

There are definite frustrations, but the story is still very cool.

And lol at people playing anything after Tales of Destiny, that was the series peak.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

I can understand most complainants but saying the Xenogears soundtrack is 'awful' is probably the straight up worst opinion I've ever heard on this forum.

Xenogears: Creid / OST (Disc 1 & 2): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC61740ABE0842BDE

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

I said come in! posted:

Xenogears is really good but Xenosaga is not.

I really tried to like the first game and couldn't get past the first hour, and have looked at horror at the poo poo on the internet about the sequels. :gonk:

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

I said come in! posted:

Xenogears suffers from being a gigantic text dump at the start, the pacing really sucks. This was a common issue in jrpgs during the PSX era. A really bad trend with the reasoning being that making games more and more cinematic and story driven would always been a good thing.

Wait, I love Xenogears. I was talking about the Xenosaga games.

There's a short text dump, then a town to wander (with a Chrono Trigger cameo!) and some combat immediately after. It's good.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

hubris.height posted:

i don't remember any lewd rats in xenogears

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Final Fantasy Tactics.

Xenoblade had some great songs to it, but it isn't even in the running for top ten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Inflammatory posted:

why are you even still posting here?

Louisgod is pretty alright in my book, friend. :gonk:

• Locked thread