Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Last two years I would laugh at everyone who said "It's definitely coming out in 2014, Nintendo said it was a 2014 game." That said, it's definitely coming out in 2015, Nintendo said it was a 2015 game.

I think I've come to stomach all of the character design except that horrible bug eyed, black haired girl. Ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Skells!?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Khisanth Magus posted:

So wait, you guys were expecting them to show a build with some but not all translation inserted? Partial translations can really mess stuff up, in particular with the fact that the new character set overwriting the old one even in places that you haven't translated resulting in pure gibberish.

Yeah, the only thing that them showing this in Japanese means is that the English translation isn't finished. Disappointed that the only point of this direct seems to have been "Hey, this is a game that exists, by the way".

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

X always seemed to look like they were taking the "offline MMO" aspect of the original and cranking it up to the point it looks more like the game itself was designed more like an MMO as well, with actual online play this time around. If the story wasn't anchoring the game to have a still mostly single-player focus, the game would quite literally be Xenoblade Online.

So far, the only thing that direct yesterday made me was mad. Maybe I was expecting too much, I was gonna be all like "oh yeah, we'll be able to hear some of the english voices and get a close release date." but nope, the direct was only a window of despair showing exactly why NoA had been dead silent about the game for quite some time despite the JP version being mere days from release. Here I was thinking that surely they recognized this was a higher profile title this time around and actually made efforts to close the release window gap but nope again, the localization was so far behind that they didn't even have an english build to show in their own direct and the best they could do was toss out tentative english titles for certain things. Maybe I was too optimistic about being able to play it soon, I dunno, but "still coming this year" wasn't that great of news given the state of readiness they appeared to be in, and clearly nothing substantial is going to be said until at least E3, where they could turn it around and perhaps dispel the notions of what now looks like an early-mid December release at best if they can even keep it within 2015.

The direct sucked yeah but you're reading way too much into them not showing off the English version.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I heard someone say Elma is the main character and the PC is Vaan and Penelo. Can anyone who has been watching streams confirm/deny?

I'm sad that this game doesn't have the future sight thing from Xenoblade, that was a really cool mechanic.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Inverness posted:

I just want a release quarter. :negative:

(laughs)

Infinity Gaia posted:

Here's another picture of Lyn in questionable armor for those of you easily skeeved out for dumb reasons who want more reasons to not get the game, I'm watching a stream and finally managed to get a good shot of it:

This stuff doesn't affect me or bother me at all. Must be the years of bad anime in my youth.

Probably a joke by Monolith to get all the creeps to put their tank in light armor.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

So something storyline related got spoiled for me like

a year ago? Whenever the game first came out anyway and I'm kinda curious if it's the only major twist in the game as I haven't really been able to forget about it for some reason. Someone who's beaten the JP version can you tell me how super major it is? (Seriously it sounds like a big story beat don't mouse over just in case) I heard all humans are extinct and we're all dumb robots or something

Ugh, I need to stop automatically mousing over spoilers. At least the weird-rear end irises on everyone make sense now.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

TheKingofSprings posted:

I'm sadder than I should be that the game called Xenoblade doesn't have a cool rear end sword

Not having played the game and knowing nothing about the story I'm assuming that BLADE is titular blade of this game. They call the Mira creatures "indigens" so I guess that what make the humans the xenos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Does this game have silly names for unique enemies like Magnanimous Gonzalez or Thundering Bartleby like Xenoblade did? I think that's the most important question.

• Locked thread