Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boneitis
Jul 14, 2010

bEatmstrJ posted:

That's quite the story. Rafting certainly has its dangers. I'm fortunate to say I've never swam anything major yet, but I have no doubt that its only a matter of time. My buddy got pitched out of an inflatable kayak right at the start of class III rapid and his boat got stuck on a rock. I was coming in behind him and knew I needed to get his boat free so I rammed it with mine and wound up dumping myself in the rapid. It wasn't too crazy but those first few seconds of being under water, not knowing where you're going or when you can catch your next breath can be pretty scary. Fortunately I got his boat free and we were good to go. Not looking forward to a big swim though.

There's a reason they're called "Mystery Moves" in whitewater kayaking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread