Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.
I rafted the nile twice near Jinja Uganda. First run was through multiple class 5s and portaging around a class 6. Unfortantly a dam has been built closing off several of the class 5s. One run was called silver back and that was our only wipe of the day. I just remember the raft going vertical and then being under water. Only the 2 people in the rear of the raft stayed on.

Our 2nd trip was after the coffer dam was in place. But it was a guys weekend. We took the hardest lines resulting in me being thrown on nearly every rapid. We surfed a class 5 which was crazy. One of the cross bars popped out so the raft folded in half. Most of us were under water for a long time. One person had a dislocated shoulder and I broke my toe when it got caught in a rope after I headed in the river. Rafting the rest of the day squating on a broken toe was awesome.

To round out the trip half of us got food poisining the next day at the airport resulting in explosive bowel movements and puking all the while my foot throbing from the broken toe. We also think one of us got schistosimaisis (pin worm from snails that can enter your skin in shallow water). That was one of my best weekends in my life and still recommend rafting the Nile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread