Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I'm going to die horribly of radiation poisoning. I intend to run around naked tyler durden style bleeding out of every orifice and sore on people screaming YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE I'VE BEEN before expiring.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Needs the laughing skull from the Do the Evolution music video

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

orange juche posted:

Every gip thread except for the Dogges Thread eventually turns into discussion about the apocalypse, we are that hobo in rags with the cardboard sign proclaiming the end of the world.

First hobo I see with a sign says "I wish the world was ending" gets my dollar

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Also I would be cool with if ground zero there looked like the persian gulf area because gently caress that place

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

why can't israel nuke something and kick off ww3 yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-evIyrrjTTY

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Hobos warn of the apocalypse, we longingly fantasize about it :fap:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
GiP drinks more than your average bum.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Zeroisanumber posted:

GiP drinks more than your average bum.

Only because we have a higher per capita income

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.

orange juche posted:

OTOH, dad farm lives there and it is also very unlikely to recieve a 50MT dose of sunshine in world war 3, because there's nothing in VT. :colbert:

This is so cute.

Can I pinch your cheeks and call you sonny?

No. There is nothing worth any targeting data at all in Vermont.

Personally, I plan on living long enough to visit some places. You know, places that work for COOP or CoG? And... well...

Nobody gets to live.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

50 Foot Ant posted:

This is so cute.

Can I pinch your cheeks and call you sonny?

No. There is nothing worth any targeting data at all in Vermont.

Alright, what's in VT?

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.
Well, you have the basic seats of government, those have to go.

Any sizable military guard bases, anyplace that's a major industrial site, and of course, in the third or fourth wave strikes, you go for major roads and stuff like that.

Targeting criteria is NOT just military bases and cities with 1 Million+ populations.

You also want to be able to cripple the enemy's ability to recover, regroup, resist any possible followup invasion, or, if you're a real dick and it's a MAD scenario, you just scorched earth anything that might be of any use to any possible survivors, because. you are. a dick.

Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burlington_Air_National_Guard_Base

quote:

In 2014 the Honorable Thomas Walsh, Environmental Judge[3] denied a motion to have an environmental review before operating the Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II at the base.[4] The F-35 is four times as loud as the "less stealthy" aircraft it replaces.[5] The 158th Fighter Wing plans to overcome the noise issue by avoiding using the afterburner and instead fly the aircraft very lightly loaded,[6] and not conducting low level training flights.[7]

You'd want to hit that early. Probably in the first or second strikes, not the initial attacks (most of which are surgical in nature) Or just wait for the F-35 to take off then bomb its own base or something equally hilarious.

Nostalgia4ColdWar fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Sep 23, 2014

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Alright, what's in VT?

an Air National Guard airfield, a radar station, and a coast guard station.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

50 Foot Ant posted:

Personally, I plan on living long enough to visit some places. You know, places that work for COOP or CoG? And... well...

Nobody gets to live.
I hope whatever watch list we're on has a cool name and doesn't flag us when we try to buy liquor.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Dead Reckoning posted:

I hope whatever watch list we're on has a cool name and doesn't flag us when we try to buy liquor.
Or dogges.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Get hosed.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-29321136

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

50 Foot Ant posted:

Well, you have the basic seats of government, those have to go.

Any sizable military guard bases, anyplace that's a major industrial site, and of course, in the third or fourth wave strikes, you go for major roads and stuff like that.

Targeting criteria is NOT just military bases and cities with 1 Million+ populations.

You also want to be able to cripple the enemy's ability to recover, regroup, resist any possible followup invasion, or, if you're a real dick and it's a MAD scenario, you just scorched earth anything that might be of any use to any possible survivors, because. you are. a dick.

Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burlington_Air_National_Guard_Base

You'd want to hit that early. Probably in the first or second strikes, not the initial attacks (most of which are surgical in nature) Or just wait for the F-35 to take off then bomb its own base or something equally hilarious.

That makes me rethink my horrible radiation death. What odds do you give Danbury, CT for blast damage?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

That makes me rethink my horrible radiation death. What odds do you give Danbury, CT for blast damage?

at least you can laugh at Greenwich exploding for 5 seconds before you do.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

What odds do you give that the inhabitants will notice a difference

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Good.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Haven't we been droning them for weeks already?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Godholio posted:

Haven't we been droning them for weeks already?
In Iraq, yes, but not in Syria. Remember that whole thing where the shithead in charge of Syria said "if you help us kill those dudes while they're on our soil we'll be mad"? I think we've just gone and done it anyway.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Oh no, the country that's been in a stalemated civil war for three years will be mad at us. We'll have to make reparations for the rubble we turned into smaller bits of rubble.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywmfnz7sD98&t=18s

NAPALM STICKS TO
Jun 22, 2005

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/isis-terror/u-s-arab-allies-strike-isis-syria-n209286

apparently F-22s are conducting strikes in syria?

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Oh no, the country that's been in a stalemated civil war for three years will be mad at us. We'll have to make reparations for the rubble we turned into smaller bits of rubble.

Don't fret, the Russians have also said they're standing by their man, so we might just get to participate in Ragnarok after all!

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

IADS, I'm assuming we're conducting strikes in some areas still under the coverage of the rings of whatever SAMs Assad still has.

Probably the same reason for most of the TLAM strikes.

e: I'm assuming some of his SA-5s are still functional, so at a minimum those will have to be taken out unless we're only striking waaaaay in the NE.

iyaayas01 fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Sep 23, 2014

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

What is this from?

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
looks like Enders Game iirc

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
oh. Guess that was the alien homeworld or some poo poo. Never saw the movie. Read the book because it was on the CNO's reading list which meant I could read it on watch.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Fart Sandwiches posted:

oh. Guess that was the alien homeworld or some poo poo. Never saw the movie. Read the book because it was on the CNO's reading list which meant I could read it on watch.

Amazing book.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

zombie303 posted:

Amazing book.

Too bad Orson Scott Card is a crazy person and every other book he wrote was terrible. Yeah, I read all the Ender sequels. And the 7 book Bean sidestory. And then like one of his alternate history ones. I JUST WANTED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED OKAY

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Fart Sandwiches posted:

this would be the closest we get

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZnHO0B0hfA&t=32s

(we've actually got one of these bastards aimed directly at us, it just hasn't exploded yet, we're looking down the barrel of a 6 shot revolver with 5 rounds in it)

They've been arguing back and forth about when it is going to kill us for the last 20 years, one day it will and that will be the end of the argument.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Sep 23, 2014

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
God that makes me so hard

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

orange juche posted:

this would be the closest we get

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZnHO0B0hfA&t=32s

(we've actually got one of these bastards aimed directly at us, it just hasn't exploded yet, we're looking down the barrel of a 6 shot revolver with 5 rounds in it)

Space is cool as gently caress too bad this dumb gay human race will never leave this lovely planet

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Bolow posted:

Space is cool as gently caress too bad this dumb gay human race will never leave this lovely planet

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Too bad Orson Scott Card is a crazy person and every other book he wrote was terrible. Yeah, I read all the Ender sequels. And the 7 book Bean sidestory. And then like one of his alternate history ones. I JUST WANTED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED OKAY

I read the one after Ender's game...Speaker for the dead? It was meh.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I read Enders Game, the Speaker one, and one more. It was about some weird pseudo-Japanese culture I think? I know they got progressively worse so I quit there.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

zombie303 posted:

I read the one after Ender's game...Speaker for the dead? It was meh.

Well the two after that involved magic trees, magic people with OCD, and a love triangle with an old lady and an AI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Wasn't there incest in one of them or some poo poo?

• Locked thread