Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

the old standby complaint is "The Western world is threatening to destroy our culture" but now here you are

About a thousand years ago the eastern world threatened to destroy their culture.

And did destroy their culture. The mongols pushed their boots so far up the rear end of the Middle East that they never recovered. The difference is that while the Muslim armies might have been really pissed off and rah rah OUR CULTURE, the mongols gave zero fucks about hearts and minds and would be very happy to kill every living thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Genocide Tendency posted:

Just a reminder. Genghis Khan was conquering areas a year after his death.

What I am saying here is, they were on to something.

The army that bootfucked the Middle East the first time was a scouting force. Like 10000 dudes. Against the entire might of the quarismian shah.

There wasn't an army on earth that could stand up to them.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

orange juche posted:

Fuckit, drop a 50mt soviet bomb on Iraq, that'll do it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s8iie0zZ-g

Russkis pussed out dropping the Tzar Bomb. Original yield was 100mT.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

My uncle was in 'nam.

He was a mechanic on Hueys, worked the door-guns on occasions. Crappy hearing in one ear from the M-60s.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Didn't we have a super graybeard goon that was a cop in 60's Chicago? He had great stories.

• Locked thread