Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
The highlight for all of this is the embarrassing amount of people who are blubbering about :qq: THIS ISN'T WHAT WHY WE WERE OVER THERE.

Of course not. The same people pissing and moaning about fraud, waste, and abuse from everything bolted or not bolted down in that country when we were burning gobs of money should have been their biggest tip off. It's especially hilarious to hear from people not directly attributed as any position on a chain of command, because every single one of those inbred non-commanding fucks were the first to (correctly) bitch about pointless missions and highly unnecessary risks. Bitching about pointless area beautification on a JSS that will be transitioned over in two days and then complaining about Iraq getting demolished is rich. At least commanders had the excuse of OER/career progression while deployed to give a semblance of care about Iraq's stability post-invasion. "This OPORDER might dictate that our overexerted platoons push out full 24-hour presence patrols so the prim assholes in the nearby airbase can watch Toby Keith suck a bald eagle's dick for an hour and not worry about IDF, but god drat if that won't look like a nice bullet point on a quarterly eval."

If there exists letterhead somewhere with your name and "L3 Communications Director of Operations" between 2003 and today, than Iraq was the greatest move by a sitting president since Andrew Jackson. This also mostly applies to anyone with blood ties to Maliki.

Every time I recollect the times I had tears of exhaustion from expelling the previous night's quzi and tabbouleh over a squat hole or over a freshly burned half of a 55-gallon drum, I'm just happy that I haven't been minced by an EFP. Those who spent their deployment by gorging on salsa nights and poetry slams between their long 9-5 workday on FOBs everywhere can at least take solace in the fact that the only thing wasted in Iraq for them is the amount of money spent on bootleg anime.

So yes, absolutely yes, the people bitching about Iraq crumbling should be grateful that they have functioning limbs and a dick, and they should be especially grateful that they managed to bump into their future third wife at a biker bar in between year-long trips to another failed experiment in American democracy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

obama being a plant from the shah gives me hope that there's at least some feasible ulterior motive to us tripping on our dicks in the middle east.

instead it's just us fumbling our way through a geopolitical imbroglio that makes The Charge of the Light Brigade look like Anne Romney's dumb loving horse dancing bullshit.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

but enough about you being forced to walk behind your platoon's vehicles.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

I think we all agree, the past is over.
This is still a dangerous world.
It's a world of madmen
And uncertainty
And potential mental losses.

Rarely is the question asked
Is our children learning?
Will the highways of the internet
Become more few?
How many hands have I shaked?

They misunderestimate me.
I am a pitbull on the pantleg of opportunity.
I know that the human being and the fish
Can coexist.

Families is where our nation finds hope
Where our wings take dream.
Put food on your family!
Knock down the tollbooth!
Vulcanize society!
Make the pie higher!
Make the pie higher!

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

i want everyone to know that everytime this thread has new posts i eagerly check to see if Iraq has turned into a giant lifeless void that will only be known for housing the confluence of the Tigris and Euphrates.

i am continually disappointed

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

http://youtu.be/FWO5Ai_a80M

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

probably when their leadership threatens torture and then follows through with those threats until those underlings beg for death Caro style.

saddam's army may have been steamrolled by the US, but they at least didn't turn tail when ordered to sit in trenches against Iran in the eighties.

i don't think giving them stripped down m1a1s and lackadaisical leadership did anything but encourage them to be incredibly docile while laying down in open mass graves before being capped in the cranium.

edit - ^^^^^^ yeh

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

How does everyone immediately forget the sectarian showdown that kicked off around 2006? ISIS is pretty batshit, but Shi'ites running around in black pj's lobbing 7.62mm into random Sunni craniums was definitely a thing.

As was retaliatory suicide bombings.

Cool place, really.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

People act like partitioning cities/states/countries solves every possible ethnic crisis but wouldn't enforcing Sunni/Shiite partitions in Baghdad and a three-state solution in Iraq just concentrate everything and result in permanent border tensions and spillover of armed bands

Maybe instead of a three-state solution someone takes a look at a final solution...?

ISIS is already doin' dat lol

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Guys, they saved the one white looking kid in Iraq:

Mission Accomplished, bitches.

he took his chopper over a couple hundred miles west just after Operation Herrick

:britain:

e - lmbo socialite 4 lyfe

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Kerry wasn't wrong about that, tho

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

it's good to confirm that our CBRNE guy's thoughts on how ineffective our pro-masks and MOPP gear would be if someone actually had the gumption to use the stuff in storage

à la a weaponized ark of the covenant

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

his takbir's got no respect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fucitol
May 8, 2005