Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Treguna Mekoides
Jun 17, 2008

A witch is always a lady except when circumstances dictate otherwise.
I grew up Catholic and so when the Marian prayer goes "Blessed is the fruit of thy womb," I used to think it was referring to men's affordable underwear as modeled by Michael Jordan. I was so horribly confused. :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Treguna Mekoides
Jun 17, 2008

A witch is always a lady except when circumstances dictate otherwise.

Mister Adequate posted:

Oh that reminds me, when I was little I had a similar but even dumber belief about that. I was aware girls had some sort of hole there, but I had never seen a vagina or even read/heard a description of one, so I thought it was just a small, perfectly round, black hole, like the sort of hole a Looney Tunes character would paint on a wall and then step through.

That's so cute, did you think things just disappeared up there forever like a Looney Tunes hole?

OH! That reminds me! As a child, I was vaguely aware of what penises were supposed to be like, but hadn't quite figured out the mechanics. I'd seen anatomy plates, but didn't really have a physical context for them. One day my friends' father shared us some artbooks he had, and one was the Art of Dune. An older friend said "HAHA IT LOOKS LIKE A DICK" when we were looking at the sandworms. You know where this is going.

Thus I was pretty sure circumcision involved not only removing what I kinda grokked as the foreskin, but the TEETH IN THE PENIS too. I figured that's why sex hurt your first time, as I'd overheard in films and TV, that's how one's "cherry" (whatever that was!) would be popped. Teeth from an uncut dick. And sadly, I shared a lot of insight about my own anatomy to confused, earnest male friends but my friends just thought "Oh yeah sandworms, they are sort of like that." THANKS, GUYS. I was horribly afraid of being bitten.

Thankfully by the time I was ~10 my sister, an RN, had children and gave me a very frank talk about sex to fill in the gaps my parents had unwittingly left. :shobon:

• Locked thread