Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

For how much they showed this game, I don't recall them talking much about what the release game is going to look like - full retail, or smaller e-shop title?

I think one of my favorite bits from the Treehouse was one of the treehouse guys wondering what was up with the match-end cat - later they asked the dev about it and got the response that it was "top secret" :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Crabtree posted:

Is it only squid girls? I'd love to play this game if I ever get a Wii U, but I can't see gender from goo hair and glaring squid eyes. :confused:

No, there's definitely boy characters too - the devs referred to the characters in general as "inklings"

e: Or at least I assume the one on the far right is a boy

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Just finished the SP. The bosses felt like the best part, particularly the whole theme of the last boss and final push segment.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

You should restart your router or try setting up your Wii U's internet connection again from scratch or something

I've played probably 70+ games at this point and had 2 disconnects

This helped me. I was disconnecting/failing to connect almost constantly despite my internet seeming to be fine elsewhere. Created a fresh connection in my Wii U settings and disconnects have been much rarer now.

I'm not getting the raving about the aerospray. Maybe I didn't use the right variant, but at least in the few matches I used it felt like it had really horrible reach and took too long to take anyone out, and while it seemed to spread paint nicely, it didn't feel insanely good.

quote:

also wish disconnects were a little less punishing.
I've got DC'd a few times literally after the match end timer finished. On matches my team clearly won and I racked up a lot of points. :smith:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Both cats and dogs are pretty cool.

Team Cog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

So what actually is the deal with this Team Cat/Dog thing? Is it just like a meta team battle kind of thing for Splatfests for whichever team gets more wins for the durating gets bragging rights or something?

What even are Splatfests otherwise?

• Locked thread