Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Should we get a synirc room going for making groups or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Still waiting on my copy to be delivered: should I go through single player to get a handle on controls and weapons or can we dive right into online?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Are the abilities tied to gear random or do they just appear as you level?

e; Kind of just getting games in with the starting gear to learn the maps nad mechanics and poo poo right now. Maybe read an effort post on gear and loadouts later.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

NNID: Nephzinho
Prefered Weapon: Blasters of some kind, Tentatek Splattershot atm, might go with Aerospray RG.

Nephzinho fucked around with this message at 16:08 on May 30, 2015

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Communication errors are dropping me from games like crazy. Is this just the case when a host quits?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

mabels big day posted:

I think the ink strike sucks.

You think this until someone wins a game by 1-2% with a buzzer beater at the enemy spawn.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Goon game ends with a 0.1% win. Have some good groups going in #splagoons.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

I find that getting on top of the boxes in the middle and riding around on the zamboni really lets you ambush people who don't see you coming.

Otherwise just get rollers and push hard into enemy territory.

Those trucks aren't there in splat zone. I find in splat zone its best to hang out in the open area opposite the splat zone and pick off inklings heading there to defend it (in the offensive zone) and watching the mini map for inklings heading to your side of the map (in the defensive zone). Gives you some degree of knowing no one is going to pop up behind you and allows you to get some map control. If you're any good and your team is pressing forward, 1 inkling can hold the lanes pretty effectively if they're only interested in protecting territory through swimming between lanes, seekers/bombs, etc. Watch for an opportunity where the other team has 3-4 dead and you can press forward into their zone and use specials to lock them out.

Port is probably my favorite map on splat zone and least favorite on turf war.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Deltron 3030 posted:

Suction Bombs own, at least in Ranked.. Really useful in Tower Control and also for breaking the Rainmaker's shield.

I was always a fan of the rovers that you could send down a lane and just swim in their wake. I didn't get a chance to play testfire over the weekend but I hope the curling bombs are remotely as good, though I imagine they must be slower to account for the bouncing.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

The Bloop posted:

I don't really see how. The mechanics and expected progression of get three things to get six or eight things in dungeons with key items was subverted, but the"lore" seems undamaged.

Nah, timeline nerds are mad.I am mad.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Really hoping the new horde mode is on display next week, that is what is going to sell my brothers on this.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Horde mode looks amazing.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Holy poo poo, they really fleshed this game out with a ton of quality of life improvements. Hype.

e; Miiverse functionally added back in, yesssss.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Okay, yeeeeeeah. It really does seem like they improved absolutely everything from Splatoon and I am loving hyped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Can we enter the test range in the new "demo"? Do we have any indication that progress/rewards from the weekend will carry over?

• Locked thread