Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I'd be shocked if this game gets released early 2015.

Also I watched some doofus with a youtube channel talk about his first impression and somewhere in there he said it will have fully integrated voice chat, which is promising for this game.

I hope we can do custom ink colors

I'm psyched as hell. Calamari dudes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I hope there is an canonical database of the squidgirl's extensive backstory so that this fan art won't be weird.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Nihilarian posted:

Also white and yellow.

I'm perfectly fine without custom color ink, honestly.

DARK RED :black101:

Dubious posted:

This looks pretty fun and cool but what the gently caress is a squidgirl

See all those girls that turn into squids? Do the math dude.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Not gonna lie, I am very excited for their take on a shotgun.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Nihilarian posted:

I knew I was forgetting one.

I'd suggest neon booger green, but that'll probably be a default color even if there's no customizable ink. :v:

I think if we can't get custom ink colors, I'll settle for bright yellow and bright green. Pee vs Boogers.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

IT LIVES
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EXKQQmm9EE

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Countblanc posted:

Hahaha this thread

You gotta be squiddin' me!

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Octolings are this game's version of oddjob

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I think Im going to exclusively run over nerds with a giant paint roller

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

From the sound of things this game isn't gonna have any kind of online local multiplayer? That's pretty lame. I mean one of the few advantages of the Wii U's ridiculous gamepad is that two people can comfortably play the same game together. I hope I'm wrong about this though.

This is wrong, there is local multiplayer

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

greetings

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

The demo was very fun, although I find myself thinking I would enjoy the game the most in short little 15-30 minute bursts similar to the beta. If it was $40 I'd pre-order but $60 I think I'll do a wait and see. Hopefully the retail version has plenty of content because that was a fun little beta.

I mean there is the single player campaign that looks a lot like Super Mario Galaxy

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

yeah you cna play with your friends but you always get shuffled around after each match. The team mode thing is one of at least 2 maybe 3 or 4 more modes coming in august.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

S P L A T B O Y S

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

It could also have been a planned feature from the beginning. They could have hit a snag or something and instead of pushing the game back they wanted to keep on with the deadline and delay that feature. Since the DLC release is 3 months after release instead of more, Im more inclined to think its that.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Honey I shrunk the squids!

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Ometeotl posted:

Someone suggested it in the Wii U thread, so I made some tags.

Team dog

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

"dorkopus" is my new splatoon themed insult

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Lemming posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma0d0TRwYfg

Whoever this is is real good at video games

I really appreciate that the sniper class in this game has the extra role of making super speed highways for your team

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I am a kid now I am a squid now I am a kid and a squid and a kid and a squid and a kid now

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Viewtiful Jew posted:

If this old ad tons of people hated taught me anything is that the Squid-Kid commercial will over time only become more and more adored in retrospect.

Like seriously almost every baby gamer hated "Clean is better than dirty" back in the day.

That ad is still annoying

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

GOTY

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Jarogue posted:

Also most makes me want to get it at Target instead of Gamestop.

oh my god

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Wow the campaign actually looks like its a good size

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Splatoon is gonna own

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Splatoon: you're a combination squid and kid now

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

The T posted:

Splatoon: You're a squid now; you're a kid now; you're a squid now; you're a kid now; you're

needs semi colons

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

The T posted:

I destroyed some nerds. It was fun.

Boom shakalaka
hes heating up
hes on fire!

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

lmao

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCqj2qsZnx8

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Why on earth would you do that

like what does buying 2 copies even do for you

do you have 2 wiius?

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Girl squids have better "hair" but I will still probably do a boy squid.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

.52 Gal looks like a weapon that sacrifices some coverage abilities for just pure killing power. With it's sub and special it strikes me as a weapon thats good at keeping territory more than reclaiming it.

The splash wall seems really situational right now, but I'm guessing it's very good in splatzones for just stopping the advance of the enemy team.

:speculate:

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Yeah that weapon looks pretty cool. Its just a big ol' cannon. It has good range too, but it's sub doesnt seem all that good. Any subweapon that isn't some form of paint grenade though seems pretty lame meh so far.

It looks like theres gonna be a good variety of weapons, even within the 3 classes of weapons.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Szmitten posted:

That whole loadout seems pretty enemy eliminating focused rather than paint spreading focused.

Oh definitely. The Jury is still out on weather or not that debuff grenade will be useful or not is all...

It definitely seemed to be pretty good at spreading paint though. You get nice big long lines of paint, easier than the few chargers I've seen.

E: specifically for those early game 'paint highways" useful for rushing the key parts of the maps.

Bread Set Jettison fucked around with this message at 14:26 on May 27, 2015

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

octarian supremacy

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Lmao what is your deal Zaphod

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Nooo don't spill the secret I wanted to kick off Splatoon with a good forums meltdown. You ruined it.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Im still not even sure why Zaphod is mad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I still really havent decided if Im gonna buy a physical disk or just preload it. I might just preload it at this point.

• Locked thread