Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

PrBacterio posted:

I gotta be honest here, both Mario Maker and Splatoon are games that have huge potential to be awesome but that, at the same time, I'm awfully worried about. What they've shown so far looks good, but unless they expand hugely on that it'll only end in disappointment :ohdear: Splatoon, in particular, will need a lot of variety in level design and setting, character looks/customisation (while the basic character design looks great, they all look kinda same-ish to me), game modes, weapons, and so on. It needs like, night time and underground levels with neon glow-in-the-dark paint, a variety of game modes (like for example, a domination or ctf mode where you have to/can prevent your opponents from reaching objectives/flags by blocking their path with your own colour ink), customisation and styling options to individualize your character. And it definitely, definitely needs voice chat for team play. If they deliver on all what we imagine for the game right now, it could turn out as one of the best multiplayer/arena shooters ever created, but there's so many ways for it to go wrong.
I'm liking all of those ideas. I feel like I should be sending Nintendo an email with ideas. I wonder if they even read those kinds of things. :ohdear: I wouldn't even ask if it was Sony or Microsoft.

Night levels with glowing paint sounds awesome. Perhaps some zero gravity levels would be interesting? You'd be propelling yourself around the level by spraying paint while also hitting the environment. Spraying other people pushes them away. You can also travel through the paint like normal. I'm imagining a team pulling off some crazy maneuver where they line up and spray each other in the back so the person in front is propelled exponentially further and right into the other enemies before they're prepared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

I love the art and character design. :allears:

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Splatoon now has an official website: http://splatoon.nintendo.com/

I really like the design :3:

Inverness fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Mar 22, 2015

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

One hour until showtime.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Jonas Albrecht posted:

It was inkredible.
:golfclap:

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Tatum Girlparts posted:

And of course it turns out my wii-u pad charger was damaged when my computer room took on water so now that's dead.

Well the couple hours I got was fun as hell, now to get a new charger.
You live in Texas?

I just found out my delivery was delayed until Monday because of weather-related reasons. :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

There's actually a bug right now with wifi that causes stutters across all games. Hopefully Nintendo pushes out the system update that fixes it before this goes live.

Team Cat will have it's revenge.:3:
You can avoid this bug by disabling auto-connect for wifi.

• Locked thread