Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Got this game for Christmas and it has raised my blood pressure higher than League of Legends ever did. I need a therapist. I'm only level 7, stop matching me against these assholes in samurai gear! :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

DreamShipWrecked posted:

If it makes you feel better, half of the time you can just focus on painting over your side of the map and contribute more to victory than the level 20000 players trying to TDM for the center. It's a good way to get used to the controls and maps.

Yeah, I switched to twin stick controls because the motion ones felt way too twitchy. I picked up the rollers and I'm having a pretty good time just painting swathes of the map and pretending to be the energy sword from Halo. Feels way less stressful.

When should I bother min-maxing clothing perks? It kinda sucks running into people with full swatches of damage up perks, but I can't be bothered with all that poo poo. I've just been buying what's fresh, yo.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Alright, sounds cool. I'll see if I can squeeze in some Splatfest stuff tomorrow but I'm not going to bother min-maxing until I decide to jump into ranked. I should probably try and get used to the motion aiming. Thanks! :)

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
EU splatfest trip report - everyone on Team Ninja appears to be living up to their name, because I barely see any member of their team before they mysteriously vanish in a cloud of ink. :black101:

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Ironically, I ranked up to Champion by taking a roller and ambushing people. Does it count if you shout a warcry whilst doing it? Anyway, I racked up a lot of wins that way, only getting stymied on the rare occasions where the enemy team were competent. An unfortunate number of them didn't seem to be very switched on.

It was my first time playing all three of the Splatfest maps, and I like Ancho-V's interactive elements and elevation gimmicks a whole lot! There aren't any nests for Chargers which is always good. The only real memorable thing about the warehouse was Callie and Marie's banter for it, otherwise it was pretty okay but nothing special. I don't think I enjoyed a single Piranha Pit match - needing to go left to paint the majority of your terrain and having to cross the enemy team's sightlines to get to the other side messes with me fierce.

Edit: HEEEEELLL YEAH

WITNESS ME INKBAGS

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
But you're not a children, what are you doing here? :tinfoil:

Also local multilayer has been slowly dying for ages and I'm not surprised it's not a big feature of Splatoon.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Two things I learnt this splatfest:
1. Red has it in the bag.
2. Blackbelly Skatepark can go gently caress itself.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
You're a whiny baby.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Holy poo poo if it's that easy to troll you then I think you should probably play something else.

I mean I agree about playing to King/Queen because I don't have time for that poo poo, but your constant complaints about teammates and "busted" matchmaking make you sound like you belong in the Dota thread. I was on Blue team this splatfest and I had a bunch of lovely games, and hell I made a whiny post too, but that's anecdotal as gently caress and I had no clue about the bigger picture. I didn't make up wild conspiracy theories about how Splatfest works, or why what is essentially a random poll with some minor rewards is in fact rigged.

You are taking this minor event in a kid-friendly shooter game way way too seriously.

Hahaha holy poo poo I saw your new post and you really think it's rigged, that's comedy gold. You deserve that title.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Today I learnt that I am destined to live in B rank forever, and that I'm still terrible with chargers. But I found a new love in the Zink Mini Splatling, because hosing people down and turning on a "lol I'm not dead" button is badass.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Wow, didn't feel like team Hoverboard was winning. The new ranking system made me realise that I'm terrible at the game but I got a decent way up the rankings? I dunno. Ran the Dual Squelcher and had a pretty fun time with it - Echolocator is way more useful than you realise.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Splatfests are cool and good.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

So who else is hittin up the first Testfire

I'm gonna try but my focus will be on the Saturday ones.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Gonna try a bit of everything, probly handheld first, then on the grip, then seperate. Don't have a pro controller but the left joycon playing up with connectivity might make me change my mind if it's real bad.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

TVs Ian posted:

Apparently Nintendo will fix that for you now, they identified a manufacturing issue with certain ones. I think you have to send them your Joycon though, so if you don't have any other controllers yet you might want to wait.

This sounds rad, I'll look up the policy of getting it fixed. Couldn't play with the Switch in the living room so this will be much needed!

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
KNOCK KNOCK OPEN UP THE DOOR ITS WOOMY

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Splatoon: Civil War

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I'm ready to take down the corrupt squidarchy.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
pull the trigger callie

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Rexroom posted:

Oh please, Marina is your typical demure exotic non-person that infantile men like to romanticize about. "Oh, oh, she's more to our taste, unlike Pearl, who is a bitch like all the other squidgirls", grunt the virgin losers in unison.

You're projecting so hard that you've gone astral. I can see your non-corporeal form in my room and its freaking me out.

They're both good, for the record. I will go ice cream because that is what I prefer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Pearl is cool because she is the hype-squid for the group which neither Callie nor Marie filled. Her dynamic with Marina is a little more interesting at a first glance, whereas the Squid Sisters were kinda the same unless you read a ton of dialogue from the both of them.

Also gonna download that demo and shitpost all over Inkopolis.

• Locked thread