Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

El Diabolico posted:

There is now an official tumbler with translations of the twitter posts. (probably cause you can write an essay with 140 characters in Japanese).
http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/

:stare:

There's still time for them to polish the graphics right? I think that's the main thing that's putting me off most about this game. It looks like a really really shiny PS2 game in all the worst ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Mighty Dicktron posted:

I see you've avoided watching either trailer and any moving footage at all, especially at the landscapes and backgrounds, and focused entirely on the inklings on the results screen where they have weird hosed up teeth because they're squids and clipping because they're customizable.

You don't remember what PS2 games looked like.

No actually, the faces in general in all the footage I see look really off to me and there's a ton of clipping issues (the picture shown has her hair... tentacle thing going into her arm for example and her eyes look like decals more then anything)

It's not a very pretty game.

Edit: If they were to make a HD re-release of Klonoa 2, a early PS2 game I'd compare it to that really.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Dec 17, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

You're getting awfully defensive over someone saying they don't think the game looks to hot buddy. I think you might need to take a step back.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

That rumor started on 4chan and literally not a single thing coming from that site has ever been right.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Silentman0 posted:

I hope the girl amiibo is the one that unlocks the schoolgirl outfit because if I need the squid amiibo I'm going to be extremely perturbed.

Splitscreen hasn't been possible with modern shooters in forever, dude. The framerate goes to complete poo poo and the Wii U isn't exactly a powerhouse to begin with.

It is, Girl amiibo unlocks the schoolgirl outfit, Squid unlocks the robot(?) armor, and Boy unlocks the samurai armor.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Every match I had that session I was 1000+ with the splattershot jr. My death limit never went over 1 or 2 either :buddy:

Best was 1300 points and 10-0. I think the ratio was like 70% to 8%

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Am I the only one who got kind of hungry after some of the matches? The stages end up looking like strange bars of colorful taffy.

Splatoon's ending got leaked.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Sam Faust posted:

I'm pretty sure that would be considered a war-crime in the splatoon universe.

It's a entire game where you label people who aren't your color "bad guys". The Inklings aren't very moral to begin with.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Jarogue posted:

They seem to have matching weapons, but I don't know if that from the amiibo or from the weapon shop.

The roller is the story mode roller so doubt it's tied to the amiibo.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Here's the splash screen in the full version.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

This dudes uploading random online gameplay.

Music reminds me of Sonic Adventure for some reason or another.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Everything is a stage play anyway, Mario 3 already proved it. Why the hell do you think Bowser let's his son get in on this. Every time Mario loses it's like a actor forgetting his lines and having to do a reshoot.

Game overs are when the guy filming says gently caress it and walks out of the studio.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

They did say they wanted this to be the next Mario Kart soooo

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Yeah they said before it's only the one style because it's part of their head.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Close up of the amiibos if you care.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWhZYYonzGM

please click this link

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Clothes aren't gender locked so you can have samurai female inklings and such.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I got to play one match that was cool

Suddenly not confident in the servers at all.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Splatoon's server room right now.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Sitting on the weapon select. This music is good.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Vs a full other team got 80 - 15

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Me and one guy are constantly on the same team and we just spam booyah at each other. Finally got switched to another team and started yelling c'mon at each other after.

Helps we're constantly the top 2 of whatever game we're in :v:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Babysitting a team of rollers with the splattershot jr isn't as bad as you'd expect.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

All of my matches were on the rig level. Got into the warehouse at the very end and disconnected :v:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Nintendo released a extended song

A tutorial song, great.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

If you want a splatoon gamepad protector HORI's got you covered.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Just chiming in to say that Wonderful 101 is still the only game to make good use of the gamepad for very very obvious reasons and as good as splatoon is a map and quick jump thing isn't even close.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Listening to the final boss music atm holy poo poo it's great.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Deviant posted:

is the music good? what i heard on the stream seemed underwhelming but the quality may have been doodoo

Final Boss Featuring the Squid Sisters

I like the tune a lot.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Nintendo posted a thing.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Small thing that I like about Judd is if you're on the losing team when he announces the results not only does he go wide eyed but he just drops the flag with no sound. I didn't see it much when I was playing due to being on the winning side all the time but watching videos has been fun.

Excited to see all the little animation quirks everything has.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Lurkcopter posted:

I picked this game up on the way home, thinking i could probably clear out the singleplayer before the multiplayer went online. Turns out it already was online so I jumped into turf war and never looked back. Game's a blast, even though I can't seem to do anything with the paint roller except be splatted all over the stage.

Two things
1: When you flick the paint (don't hold it down) you reflect fire back at people
2: Jump a lot. Jump a whole lot. Enemies can jump over the roller otherwise and that's no good.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Here's the ink

Wonder if this'll bring out the worst in people or what :v:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

As a aside the top one right now it's what's currently in rotation. You can see weapons rise and fall live, like earlier it was a splattershot, jr, and a roller- switched to 3 jr's and now it's changing again.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Help me

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Jonas Albrecht posted:

What constitutes Octoling gear? Can you get their cool tentacle hair?

Goggles, the metal chest piece thing, and boots. Hair is reserved for Octolings

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Please do not challenge me to puns. I'm breaming with em and can turn into a annoying jrpg character any moment.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Guide shows off some weapons coming in the DLC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Reminder that the top of the screen shows who's winning the current turf war. Danger means you're getting curbstomped, bigger your squids more you're leading by.

Countblanc posted:

Are those guns going to be paid dlc? I assume not because lol unique dlc weapons but that's what my mind snaps to when I hear the phrase "dlc"

Free!

• Locked thread