Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

"I'm here for you. To make children smile, to make profits rise, I am the subservient of the network.

"... did we get all that on tape?"

Zaphod42 posted:

They mentioned something like the super weapons spawn in the map, and only if you control a significant majority of the ink color in a certain region. So there'll be like a sniper spawn room, and whoever gets that room to 75% their color gets the weapon, something like that. The details are pretty sketchy.

From the second Treehouse exclusive, you select your own super weapon at the beginning of the match and have to charge it up by taking territory. So you can determine from the jump what kind of "role" you want to play (attack, support, etc)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

"I'm here for you. To make children smile, to make profits rise, I am the subservient of the network.

I'm shocked they're not gonna end up owing Super Soaker money.

NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

Yellow is obviously the correct color.

(Squidrunners represent)

NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

Walmart's website has the 3-pack amiibo for MSRP ($35) with free shipping, though it won't arrive until the first week of June.

Still, better a week late than paying out the rear end.

DESCEND, VULTURES

NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

MTV Crib Death posted:

Anyone else have wild Splatoon dreams from playing right before bed? My girlfriend and I both woke up after a night of painting wild landscapes. Something about those colors just coats the brain.

Oh thank god I don't have to be the only one to admit this.

NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

Christo posted:

The Zelda games are like films in which Link, Zelda and Ganon are actors and outside of the game they are actually good friends.

Isn't that basically what happened in Super Mario Galaxy?

After you beat the game, everyone just kinda stands around and looks at each other like "Well, yeah, I guess we just did that again."

NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Help me think of a name for my pro Splatoon team. So far I've got "These Colors Don't Run".

"Some Executives Just Want to Watch that Damned Prawnshop Burn"

NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

Freakazoyster

wait, what

NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

The Kotaku stream confirms that there's a Roller variant with a Kraken special.

I AM BECOME SQUID, DESTROYER OF WORLDS

NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

Vookatos posted:

I doubt any Youtube personalities even made Splatoon videos, since Nintendo is taking their money away from their art. Commercials on Nintendo's channel have a lot of dislikes, especially the "Squid Kid" one. I'm assuming it's because hardcore gamers don't like when commercials aimed at children call them children, or something like that.

Speaking as a YouTube personality whose editors are so inept that they couldn't even get a review copy when Nintendo was throwing them at literally anyone who asked, I don't have much to say.

Feels awful. Granted, judging from Kotaku's stream, matchmaking can be kind of a pain with so few copies out there. At least 20 minutes of their hour-long stream on Monday was spent just waiting in lobbies.

Oh well. It's not like I'm not going to binge through the entire single-player in one night, fueled by every different color of Red Bull I can find.

NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

Likewise.

NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

Woo, new error message!

Server connection limit.

NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

I dunno, but the sound effects from trying to log in again and again make me miss Pop-Up Video.

GUYS

POP-UP SQUIDEO

IT'S THE BEST IDEA EVER

NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

Naah. "Dangerous" is

Krak-On Roller
3x MoveSpeed++
3x SpecialCharge++
3x SpecialDuration++

NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

You're a Error Code: 106-0311 now!
You're a Error Code: 106-0112 now!
You're a Error Code: 106-0311!
You're a Error Code: 106-0112!
You're a Error Code: 106-0311!
You're a Error Code: 106-0112!

NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

Gotta love gettin' the nub who won't switch from Charger and puts up an impressive <150p every game.

Gotta love gettin' 850~900p every game while losing.

NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

Nah that's a cop-out. If they wanted to they could add a pop-up map on the TV and let you select with a cursor or something. I'm not having any of this "it requires a touch screen!" bullshit.

It is what it is but if they wanted to they could absolutely make the game work on a pro controller. Its just typical Nintendo narrow-mindedness. "This is the best way to play! Everybody should play this way! Why wouldn't you?"

Nintendo posted:

Folks, I've got a great idea. Let's create a new paradigm by putting a screen on the player's controller, and then NEVER USE IT.

NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

We're approaching alarming levels of Netrunner/Splatoon overlap.

BRB, drawing tentacles on my Chaos Theory ID (couldn't be any worse than her actual hair)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

Goons should add NNID: nerdboyhimself and roll/be rolled.

(After all these years, it finally comes out what that name stands for...)

ETA: USA / Krak-On Roller

AKA: Krak'up in yo' rear end with the resurrection

NBHS fucked around with this message at 13:39 on May 30, 2015

• Locked thread