Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bean
Sep 9, 2001
That hat will go real nice with my Hyrule Warriors scarf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Will we be able to make one inkling per profile or multiple inklings? My husband and I both have our own profiles, and it would be way easier to just use my mii/NNID and have two squids.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Did everyone's connection go well? I had a little trouble connecting to matches but other than that I was okay. I'd love to know the server results performance.

I need to figure out how to turn off gyro controls. I hated them in Captain Toad and I hate them here.

Roller OP Weapon Of The Year 2015.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I can't aim for poo poo and I constantly get lost. Finally, they made a shooter that plays to my strengths.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I think all this roll out of features is because Nintendo is honestly afraid we won't understand how to play Splatoon and quit. They think that making us unlock stuff and gating features and so on will help us learn the finer points.

Now, how true all of that is would be up to debate.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Isn't there a demo this weekend at GameStop? I can't find any info on it.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I'm glad everyone else is having problems, I thought everyone was off being a rad squid and my kid rear end was sitting on the searching screen.

EDIT: Oh gently caress, I got dumped to the title screen and now it's telling me the server can't take any more connections.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I'm going to pretend that gay boy squids have to bang their heads together for tentacle lovin.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I just added some of you all. I'm BeanBunny, add me! If you don't mind, leave me some indication that you're a goon so I know that you're not a random miiverser.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
BeanBunny, murica, roller master race.

EDIT: By the time I realized I could edit this myself, I went into the doc and watched someone else type my info. That was hilarious, thanks random goon.

Just for some content, I have a question: in single player, are the scrolls that you get from boss fights the only scrolls that give weapons, or do I have to hunt up all 32 of these little bastards?

Bean fucked around with this message at 13:41 on May 30, 2015

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

Budget Prefuse posted:

i love the clothing customization in this game. it's all stuff i wear irl. the snapbacks,basketball jerseys and motherfuckin yeezys. i don't think i've ever been this obsessed with having to buy all the clothes in a video game

Yes. I like dressing like a 90s reject on casual days/off days, this clothing is totally in my wheelhouse. I found green converse today in the shoe store. I was like, I don't care if the ability on these is "scratch rear end for 15 minutes," they are going on my squid feet. I need all the squid converse now.

Hoping for a DLC with some guitar shirts and my Fender hat with a hand throwing up the horns on it. They can look in my closet if they need inspiration.

(There are raglan shirts in the game, right? I feel like I saw them in previews but haven't seen them crop up in the game.)

EDIT: Watching my husband play, I just realized that if you're using a gun, you can see the backspray if you watch the ink close to your inkling's feet. Holy poo poo.

Bean fucked around with this message at 17:19 on May 30, 2015

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

Alabaster White posted:

There's so many goddamn puns that the blatant ones make you forget to look for the subtle ones.

My husband loves Moe, the clownfish in Annie's hair. Loves him.

I teach school, and on the last day, we watched a movie. I had to say it out loud, but I told him that the fish looked just like the fish in Finding NemOH MY GOD.

Nintendo gonna get sued.

EDIT:

Judge Tesla posted:

To the owner of the Mii known as Bean, Sorry I beat your team up with my ink guns and when you were placed on my team a few rounds, good job on beating the other team with ink guns.

You're a good squid, kid.

Bean fucked around with this message at 23:17 on May 30, 2015

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Here's my thing about the gyro controls. I play video games as God intended: curled up in a little knot, flipped belly up, with the controller on my chin (or possibly my nose). Having to move the controller messes with my superior gaming technique.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

Bown posted:

Just managed to win with a team with four rollers. Don't loving ask me how I have no idea

If you have four rollers who don't play like dumbasses, I could see it being possible.

I love playing roller, but I get aggravated when someone runs ahead of me on a back alley with their splattershot jr and shittily inks all the territory. That's my job, I'm better at it than you!

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Do the shops give you different clothes if you're a higher level? They seem to comment on it. I know the horseshoe crab does, I'm wondering about the other guys.

In single player, in the first level with the invisible pathways, they have your ink color as this beautiful mint blue color. I don't think it's avaliable in multiplayer, is it? Why's there just a random ink color that's otherwise unused? Are there other colors in single player that don't come up in multiplayer?

It's so pretty. I'm sad we don't get it in multiplayer.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
We should all be posting our outfits of the day. It's the best way to keep up with squid fashion.

I really wanted the red checked shirt ... but it clashes with most of the squid head colors!

(You can take a screenshot of yourself, post it to miiverse, and then pull the picture from miiverse.nintendo.net to post your own squid fashion.)

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Outfit of the day!

I played a bunch of rounds tonight with people a million times better than me. I mean, I did what I could, but I must be living my life wrong because I was consistently in last place. If one of you wrote up a roller guide, that would be awesome.

Twelve minutes until ranked!

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I like to dress my video game characters seasonally, I'd hate for them to get too hot or cold. (See also, Animal Crossing.) I haven't found any short sleeve shirts I like, though.

Here's what I had yesterday. It was okay.

They had a striped shirt for sale today, here it is. What do you think?

If it's not obvious, I love that hat. I wish I could find some low top converse in funky colors, though.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I just finished single player. 2005 called, it wants its aesthetic back.

I kid, it was great. And so was X Play.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I entered all of my equipment into the spreadsheet, I hope you all have fun doing hard laborious analysis of it.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

Caerulius posted:

I emptied out the chaff, and combined some entries. Leet gear data in here.

There's a link at the top if you find anything wrong.

Are you finding that people report the same clothing as having the same abilities? I thought it was all randomized, honestly.

Would anyone be interested in gathering pictures of the clothing? I can't believe there isn't a database yet. What would be the best place that we could all upload, does imgur do albums with more than one person contributing? The only other thing I know is either photobucket or flickr.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

Caerulius posted:

I was under the impression that each article was unique, but honestly haven't looked at it that deeply yet. I'm planning to dump the spreadsheet into a database and make the thing more user friendly. Adding pics is easy enough (provided you all do heavy lifting for me.) So if people want to gather pictures go ahead.

How would you want pictures added?

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I know this is a few pages back, but this is important: if Japan is getting rice/bread shirts, does that mean the US is getting cat/dog shirts? Can Spike mug a dog shirt for me?

Even more important, if I see a European player, will Spike mug me a rock/punk shirt?

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I completed all the charger amiibo challenges today, and I was so sad to learn that the reward for the final boss fight was just a repainted charger. Come on! All that work and I don't get anything shiny and new?!

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Repping Team because this dumb bastard lives in my house and is cuter than any of you.

Also because they don't have Team Bunny.

We named our amiibos Shelby, Finn and Inkgrid. I think I'm funny.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
There is a at sweatshirt if you're worried.

No dog sweatshirt though. Because team dog is team poo poo.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

Theta Zero posted:

I wonder what'll be next, and how arbitrary the teams will be. Like pizza with or without pineapple, or ripping bandaids off slowly or quickly.

XBox or PS4.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

Ignore my rank, appreciate the view.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I see Japanese players in shirts which are what I'm assuming Splatfest shirts. But they're gray with a tower design on them. I thought they'd at least say rice and bread. Or do they get the gray shirts now and the rice/bread shirts later? Or can I not see the rice/bread shirts because I'm American?

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Like a hundred pages ago, some goon was asking for pictures of his squidkid in Inkopolis doing cool poo poo. I have no idea who that goon was or if he accepted my friend request, but I played turf war with some rad goons today and found them in my Inkopolis later, so enjoy candid pictures of your squids.

Also, if you didn't notice, here's my rad new team shirt for my rad new team.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
You guys are going to have to tell me what the hell you're doing with the Krak-On roller in ranked. I can take pubbies to school in turf war, but I have tons of trouble in ranked.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Team Robin versus Team Shepard.

I'm worried about Team Cat, guys. So many people in my Inkopolis are sporting the inferior Team Dog shirts. If you haven't joined a team, hurry up and join Team Cat!

Team Dog closed registration early, sorry.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Is there headgear that gives ninja squid or recon?

Also purple ink you dumbasses.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

Dizz posted:

Ninja Squid is shirt exclusive I think. Keep headgears for tenacity, special charge up, or anything that tickles your fancy.

Dang, I was reppin Team Cat but missed my recon shirt and was hoping to make up the difference.

Also, I think the superior turf war team has one or two rollers, but not zero or 3+. Everyone else on guns. The paint brush can gently caress itself. This is assuming that the roller players know what they're doing, though.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
What time EST does the U.S. Splatfest start?

Why does my phone know to capitalize Splatfest?

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Man, I busted my rear end trying to level up to 20 to get the gold roller for Splatfest. I got it today, annnnnnd ... spoiler alert, it eats rear end. Why didn't anyone tell me?

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
For the Splatoon birthday party, I'd let them finger paint. Way less mess and they'll totally be into it. For bonus points, buy/make a gently caress ton of vanilla pudding and add food coloring. That way they can eat their own ink as well as paint with it. You can use shaving cream to a similar effect, but it, uh, doesn't taste as good.

You could also let them play with silly string, or dollar store water guns.

I'm trying to come up with poo poo that will keep you out of trouble with whoever does laundry. If you just had to color the water in the water guns, buy a pack of crayola washable markers, break them open, and leave them soaking in some water to leech the ink. That might at least wash out.

Or say gently caress it, buy each kid a white tee shirt, and let them spray each other with RIT. That depends on how much you trust them to not shoot in the eyes or mouth though.

EDIT: Holy hell you have to play Pin Moe on Annie's Hair.

EDIT 2: Just mug each kid, it'll be great.

Bean fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jun 19, 2015

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
You know, if you just get a regular blowup pool and some water guns from the dollar store, you probably wouldn't have to do anything else. That right there would be a hell of a party.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Here's some cool Splatfest pictures I took before I found out that Team Dog hosed up Splatfest.

It's such a big deal that Optimus Prime even came to Inkopolis. (I tried to jump on the truck, but I couldn't. I am saddened by this.)

Trying to get a good aerial shot of the festivities:

Also, Team Dog is a bunch of loving redditors, pass it on:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I got up to B, and then made the mistake of playing tonight with the universe's dumbest motherfuckers. I got taken down to C+, but no, thankfully the corners of Kelp Dome got inked!

• Locked thread