Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what u cheerin
Tribadism
Poverty
Austro-Hungaria
A global plague
Goku
Gay panic
View Results

• Locked thread
Box of Trial
Sep 4, 2003

TONKA HYAH

American LSBM posted:

I hope Afrika Bambaataa wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

iran :toot:

naem
May 29, 2011

I'm cheering for all the attractive lady butts (brasil)

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
your mom

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Hoping the stadium collapses

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
paraguay and since i'm an "enlightened" white person i pronounce it "parr-a-GWY" and roll the r

TerryLennox
Oct 12, 2009

There is nothing tougher than a tough Mexican, just as there is nothing gentler than a gentle Mexican, nothing more honest than an honest Mexican, and above all nothing sadder than a sad Mexican. -R. Chandler.

American LSBM posted:

I hope an African team wins.

I only care about the World Cup when it comes around, the rest of the time, I don't follow the sport.

They are not that far from it. Cote D'Ivoire and Cameroon have reached the World Cup consistently since the 90s. What they still have to learn is ball control and definition but they already have the physical stamina required.

I'm rooting for Italy but they played like poo poo today. Balotelli, Marchisio, Cangreva and Dermian were carrying the rest of the team. 60% possession of the ball means poo poo if they can't play. England on the other hand, had a better focus and many tactical variants with Rooney, Sterling, Studridge, Baines, Johnson and Gerrard devising some clever plays. Their only goal was a work of art with a millimetric pass from Rooney to Studridge. All in all, a decent game.

Uruguay got unexpectedly flattened by Costa Rica. That Campbell kid is a genius. Colombia killed Greece, which was par for the course.

Brazil didn't impress. If that blind gently caress of a referee hadn't given them that penalty, they would have had a tough game. Neymar and Marcello were carrying that team.

The Spanish got steamrolled by the Dutchies. That was a beautiful vendetta for the last World Cup when Spain won the final game. Spain's goalkeeper, Casillas who is normally very good, was humiliated. Robben, Van Persie and Grij ran circles around Spain. If they keep playing like that for the rest of the Cup, they can probably reach and maybe win the cup.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

TerryLennox posted:

I only care about the World Cup when it comes around, the rest of the time, I don't follow the sport.

They are not that far from it. Cote D'Ivoire and Cameroon have reached the World Cup consistently since the 90s. What they still have to learn is ball control and definition but they already have the physical stamina required.

I'm rooting for Italy but they played like poo poo today. Balotelli, Marchisio, Cangreva and Dermian were carrying the rest of the team. 60% possession of the ball means poo poo if they can't play. England on the other hand, had a better focus and many tactical variants with Rooney, Sterling, Studridge, Baines, Johnson and Gerrard devising some clever plays. Their only goal was a work of art with a millimetric pass from Rooney to Studridge. All in all, a decent game.

Uruguay got unexpectedly flattened by Costa Rica. That Campbell kid is a genius. Colombia killed Greece, which was par for the course.

Brazil didn't impress. If that blind gently caress of a referee hadn't given them that penalty, they would have had a tough game. Neymar and Marcello were carrying that team.

The Spanish got steamrolled by the Dutchies. That was a beautiful vendetta for the last World Cup when Spain won the final game. Spain's goalkeeper, Casillas who is normally very good, was humiliated. Robben, Van Persie and Grij ran circles around Spain. If they keep playing like that for the rest of the Cup, they can probably reach and maybe win the cup.

look at all this. nobody gives a gently caress.

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

I support the USA because as an englishman it'd be great to watch you instantly co-opt the sport if you could claim you were best in the world at it usa usa usa usa

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Daius posted:

I support the USA because as an englishman it'd be great to watch you instantly co-opt the sport if you could claim you were best in the world at it usa usa usa usa

USA USA USA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vd-SQUaY_g

GOING TO THE FINALS BABY

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

i am he
Feb 4, 2014

england england england

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Daius posted:

upper middle class white ppl who already like/play soccer would probably be pretty happy but i think you overestimate the average americans desire to win vs their opinion that soccer is a sissy sport for gays.

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
team edward

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
Bwaaaaaaa!!! It upsets me that most of the world enjoy a thing and that literally once every four years they get the chance to enjoy the thing a bit more at no inconvenience to me, because I've never taken the trouble to get into the thing myself and as such am not particularly keen on it! Its a loving disgrace!

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Daius posted:

This. It happened when the US got really far twelve years ago but then they were poo poo again and Americans stopped caring. Its always amusing to see hypocrisy which is what would happen and guaranteed it would be the same negative Nancies suddenly saying how amazing a sport it is. The difference between England and the US is a little word called humility. We accept we have been poo poo most years since 66 but we take it like a man and when (if) it happens again it will be all the more sweeter for us having stood by our lads through thick or thin.

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS
if you play amateur soccer anywhere in the world you can bet there will be a pale loving geezer who ball hogs and whinges like a spoilt child at the ref

Pickle dicker
May 25, 2014

by XyloJW

Necros posted:

soccer is a sissy sport for gays.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/f...0-1226954444666

heraldsun dot com posted:

"The Socceroo star said FIFA officials had told players pre-tournament that they would clamp down on shirt tugs such as defender Gonzalo Jara’s 51st minute pull when Chile led 2-1.
And Cahill said Jara - the same player that grabbed his shirt - admitted “cheating” after he lashed out at Cahill, only for the Socceroo attacker to receive a booking."

Don't tug on my shirt :mad:
Seriously guys that's cheating! you can't grab my shirt!
STOP GRABBING MY SHIRT!! OH MY GOD :supaburn:

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
I don't really follow baseball, op.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Côte d'Ivoire has a bold strategy of dazzling their opponent with their skin tight uniforms and rock hard abs. Japan didn't stand a chance.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Arian_Samurai posted:

Côte d'Ivoire has a bold strategy of dazzling their opponent with their skin tight uniforms and rock hard abs. Japan didn't stand a chance.

The Ivory Coast is just an inverted Ireland.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

This. It happened when the US got really far twelve years ago but then they were poo poo again and Americans stopped caring. Its always amusing to see hypocrisy which is what would happen and guaranteed it would be the same negative Nancies suddenly saying how amazing a sport it is. The difference between England and the US is a little word called humility. We accept we have been poo poo most years since 66 but we take it like a man and when (if) it happens again it will be all the more sweeter for us having stood by our lads through thick or thin.

i have literally never had someone say to me "hey did you catch that soccer match yesterday? a 0-0 tie! pretty crazy huh?" and i don't hate the sport or anything i just don't think winning the world cup would change that much. wasn't the us women's team pretty dominant for years? cuz no one who didn't already like soccer really even noticed. but two years ago when my home team won the superbowl we had a ridiculous amount of bandwagon fans. i think they're seahawks fans now.

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
It's not going to happen this year, but at some point in my life the US will win the world cup and it's going to be HILARIOUS. The rest of the world loves this sissy crap so drat much and we literally do not give a poo poo. It will be one of the defining moments of American superiority in the 21st century. I can't wait.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

i think it's pretty cool when fans support their team even when they're doing lovely for decades. sounds like england fans are kinda like cleveland fans. i respect that.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Necros posted:

i think it's pretty cool when fans support their team even when they're doing lovely for decades. sounds like england fans are kinda like cleveland fans. i respect that.

the problem is you can't buy countrymen (yet). American sports all just buy decent players or move to another city or whatever. Maybe that's why you only play your own sports or somthing?

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS
watching the hockey world cup and apparently the netherlands has a king. also theres a dutch guy called van rear end haha

Box of Trial
Sep 4, 2003

TONKA HYAH

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Bwaaaaaaa!!! It upsets me that most of the world enjoy a thing and that literally once every four years they get the chance to enjoy the thing a bit more at no inconvenience to me, because I've never taken the trouble to get into the thing myself and as such am not particularly keen on it! Its a loving disgrace!

TerryLennox posted:

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

what

Box of Trial
Sep 4, 2003

TONKA HYAH

TerryLennox
Oct 12, 2009

There is nothing tougher than a tough Mexican, just as there is nothing gentler than a gentle Mexican, nothing more honest than an honest Mexican, and above all nothing sadder than a sad Mexican. -R. Chandler.

What part did you not understand?

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

why is krillin so tall?

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I hope France beats Germany for revenge of ww2

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I cheer for Narnia

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

TerryLennox posted:

Tell me about it. I was expecting the Dutch to do their best, but what they did to Spain went from rightful vengeance, to sadism, to hilarious sadism. What the poo poo, Spain?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
you want delightful sadism? watch the germany vs portugal game. you could taste the tears through the tv coming from christiano ronaldo.

• Locked thread