Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get Ready for Price Time , Bitch

Ugh I knew as soon as I opened this with in the first page there would be a rape discussion.

I really super enjoy the art on this as well but I kind of liked it a little bit more when it was black and white. It get's a little preachy but otherwise I find it pretty down to earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I really like this comic, but seriously gently caress this story line. It's like a 15 year old girl who just discovered feminism is writing it right now. Seriously, I even enjoyed the party scene but at this point it's like what issue is not being addressed. It's not that it even makes me uncomfortable just kind of feel that these are issues that could be spread out and dealt with separately.

I thought the party scene was particularly on point, but missed the chance to bring up some serious issues regarding Alison and a disconnect with her abilities preventing something that all women have to worry about and maybe she doesn't have to worry about it that much but it could have went so much further.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I'd just like to go back to that discussion of Alison and the disconnect from reality her abilities give her. I thought it was going in that direction. I kind of thought it was kind of weak writing to make it clear that the Judge was in fact a terrible person, when it was already established that he was a terrible judge anyway.

It's kind of like instead of beating his wife they also showed his collection of little shoes in the attic then he like ate a puppy. Just to make sure you knew he was super evil.

I just find it a little heavy handed and any issues regarding Alison are very brief which I find a more interesting discussion than this whole revenge murder plot.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I do like the storyline but just felt like there's to "much" going on, I super loving liked the Party stuff and just wanted more of that and could not give a poo poo about the other stuff. To me at least that was really interesting and I enjoyed it , just a little disappointed as this seems to be going down a "good vs. evil" show down between Alison and the IVF.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

All acts of violence are not equal. The story may try to draw parallels between what Alison did and what the killer did but they're just that, poor comparisons.

It's just not the same morally. Morality isn't some absolute thing that all wrong acts weigh equally.

Of course I'm a pragmatist so that may affect how I view the situation.

It's basically the slippery slope argument or the argument that power corrupts.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I think being social awkard and a imbecile at social situations probably is the only way he would act. He's been reading peoples minds for years, every time he encounters someone he sees what their thinking. So probably being exposed to everyone's inner most thoughs has him kind of hosed up.

It actually makes sense that he'd actually just be mentally unstable.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

You know I didn't ever realize that this was written by a man, which explains a lot. I always thought the creative team was the other way around. That a guy drew it and a woman wrote it.

This explains a lot.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

At least this issue addresses the elephant in the room of " Everything these guys are doing is completely illegal in all courts of law" and how horrific battles of normal people vs. supers would be.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Okay I see where it's going now with Moonshadow being the culprit and am now actually intrigued.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Well the difference here is that she can't seem to find a application for her abilities to change the world, but Hectors definitively have application for that or at least she sees it that way.

I think it's more of the fact that she thinks her abilities are ultimately worthless in regard to truly helping people.

She is riding pretty high on that horse as if she is the only one with moral authority.

What Feral did was basically self martyrdom to the point of masochism.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Aug 28, 2014

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Yeah his line about " I'd be just a okay scientist" is crazy insane talk, you can shrink down and observe events etc.. etc.. That's just being whiny, his whole argument is " Science is hard, Math is hard, I'd just be okay at them" why bother.

I mean everyone even basically admits that all the supervillians are pretty much gone. Also, the mystery of why those kids are dead the ones that didn't develope into super powers has never been explained.

Like I really hope that makes an appearance, a lot of people may have forgotten about but theres a sub plot that I don't think ever went anywhere that people with useful world changing powers were killed.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Wait the last story was Patrick heavy wasn't it, Patricks really interesting.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

She's not probably immune to tear gas, why would you not fill the room with tear gas first then throw water balloons filled with paint or whatever once you see her displace the smoke.

So, fill room with gas, throw water balloons at the displaced area, shoot.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

She's training because she knows she may have to face Alison, and I kind of agree about the knife.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Yeah uh she's gonna murder those guys for something they did during the war or something.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

She could just be showing off to make them to the line as well, but I am still going for "Outright murdering".

Also, it's probably the artist, but she seriously does not look like she is in shape, unless he meant training and getting in shape with cupcakes.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Maybe she's giving them some of her cupcakes.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

" And now that the moral philosophy of what I am doing is out of the way, let us enjoy some post battle cupcakes"

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I think it's more interesting that of course she'd be a complete psychopath since apparently she's been killing people for the last few years. I found that pretty interesting, I wonder if Allison has killed anyone.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

She's loving batshit so maybe. I'm not super surprized about how this turned out. I hope this issue focuses a bit more around the whole idea or at least addresses the " Government totally was okay with a Adventurous Teenage Murder Club".

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

She could still be planning a birthday party we don't know yet.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

It would have been better if the judge had just let the boys go because of a mistake or technicality like the evidence had been tampered with or destroyed accidently. It would have at least made it some sort of argument, but right now she's murdered rapist, a wife beating judge, and apparently war criminals.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Yeah she's going full villian.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

All you pretty much have to do is shoot the lights, pretty sure she has to see. Dumb Mercenaries.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Well I for one am shocked I say, SHOCKED at these strange turn of events.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Well I think this is just super heroes taken to their normal realistic conclusion, the government thinks it's better to take control of them and use their powers, which of course means they'll be turning children who really don't have a good concept of morals or at least can be easily manipulated into basically child soldiers.

They were letting a underage girl run around and fight giant robots and are wondering well poo poo she's grown up.

Basically, it's knd of the government's fault, you shouldn't be surprised if you allow a child to run around killing people then she turns out to be a sociopath.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Ask when the birthday party is going to be and insist that Moonshadow is in fact planning one.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I now just imagine that guy showing horrible news stories to everyone that comes in his office. Seriously, who the gently caress does that, here let me shove this in your face.

Ugh, that's so awkard...

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

This is reallly loving boring.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Just going to call Paladin as a neofuturist working towards the goal of uploading a human beings consciousness into a machine and is actively working toward causing the singularity.

Which is hilariously terrifying.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I won't be surprised that this is two seperate views of how to fix the world, Paladin's view of uploading of human consciousness or replacing us with robot bodies or the frumpy invisible girl's method of just straight up murdering people.

It's two opposite extremes. Basically, no one knows what the gently caress they are doing.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Male Man posted:

I have no idea where this whole "uploading consciousness" thing is coming from. Like, there's no reason to believe that's a thing that is either desirable or practical.

Because of the mural etc.. she's also replaced her leg with a robotic one, etc.. she's a transhumanist.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

This is boring as hell. I thought this was all kind of going somewhere but nope.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Is her other super power being the dumbest person on earth? Seriously ? She can't make that leap of logic there?

Guess I'll let these people take as much technical information and biological information on me as humanly possible , no way they'd figure out some way past my abilities.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I'm really hoping Allison is playing dumb to get information and not actually this loving stupid to not think that Moonshadow is not the killer. I'm hoping.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

The next page will just be the Doctor handing her a copy of The Fountainhead and saying " Be our John Galt , Allison"

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Well it took forever and a day but now I'm actually interested in this story arc. Although when you think about it it was only a month.

Here's hoping it ends with that guy trying something on Allison and her just completely clowning him. She already basically did at one point in the series.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Or maybe that's the way he has a good time, hire some people to take some drugs and pass out he pours himself a drink and get's entertained by their dreams.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

So Patrick's basically not human and is completely terrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Well at least things have seemingly moved in a interesting direction.

• Locked thread