Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Wait when the hell did Allison start to fly? Cause that should be pointed out she basically levitated off the ground and everything around her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Pretty sure this was all a ploy by Patrick ad Moon shadow is in the room with them. She swings her head in the other direction.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Okay that's kind of awesome that she can fly now and I wonder if that was Patricks idea all along.

Also, pretty sure she's never flown before.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Well even in Issue 1 when Allison fought Cleaver she straight up told him their powers were getting stronger, so I'm wondering what that meant for Patrick?

Like how do read minds more, or whatever.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

From a time scale of things it actually hasn't been that long since the Cleaver fight at all. Like maybe 6 months? I'm not sure, the comic is what in the 4th issue. Honestly, I'm really surprised it hasn't been picked up yet by like someone, similar to what happened to Axe Cop it has a lot of fans. Maybe they just have difficult with keeping up with a month to month art and story schedule.

Also, Patrick's powers have probably increased exponentially with time, if he's compiling peoples memories and abilities and over writing them onto himself, he's pretty much heading for "beyond intelligence" territory that the Doctor was talking about with regards to the Singularity.

Patrick's just loving weird.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

So this is obviously going to lead to Moonshadow hunting down Furnace and Allison protecting him.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Furnace is going to get murdered and Allison will be blamed is the other option.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Let me sum up everything so far , rape and misogyny are bad. There.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Everyone has to be comically evil is a problem with it. It can't just be Furnace being a MRA rear end in a top hat, he also has to regularly murder innocent bystanders.

If it was just Furnace flying up saving some people, then coming back with " Yeah well gently caress you I'm out saving women every day", but he was also just a MRA rear end in a top hat it'd be different, but no he's just a dick head who murders people and shouts misogynistic poo poo off.

It's just like the judge who got murdered, he couldn't just also be a misogynist he has to be comically evil.

Etc.. etc..

The people she goes up against or who expound ideas have to also be completely immoral.

It's just lovely, the only thing that Allison doesn't realize is that she doesn't have the realization that she's not a human being and her saying " It's my responsibility to save the world and make the world a better place" comes from her just fundamentally believing she's better than every one and not realizing her own abilities make her different.

Basically she's still the young girl on the soccer field who get's pissed off at other players for not being as good as she is because she funadmentally can't understand she's literally a ubermensch.

She's a unaware Patrick.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jun 8, 2015

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Yeah it's a drug used in anesthesiology why would you give that to someone who is unconscious. Great, now he's going to sleep longer.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Furnace is going to turn out to be a self hating gay.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Yeah, I thought Patrick owned Templar. So uh... what?

Also, everyone missing the obvious. Just publish your patents online for free. Duh. She doesn't care about money do that.

Like seriously, " i got the cure for cancer and making the world a better place but this businesses wont let me share my patents"

Templar can't put her in patent jail.

It's the dumbest loving thing.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Yeah I don't think she is going to start a team with murdering invisible girl.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

So the result of all of that hunting down someone brutally murdering people( who were assured to be very bad bad bad bad people) is just over? That's it.

"Welp, you killed Furnace"

"Yep"

"okay, peace out gonna start a help line"

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

This is loving awful and kind of offensive. I was interested in where it was going but its so badly done that it just become offensive.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I am like 90 percent sure all of this is going to lead to Allison blossoming into a lesbian or dating a biodynamic that is gender queer. There's nothing wrong about that but the writer obviously doesn't know where the gently caress he is going with any of his stories.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Aug 3, 2016

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Is it me or has who ever is drawing the comic suddenly decided to vaguely make everyone look like a racist Chinese character. Like seriously. I am more concerned that Allison's eyes seem to be tilting toward being vertical slots.

Compare that with the first few pages and the art has seriously taken a dive.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Well I'm glad that ended.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

There is no point of the book and I pretty much view panels with no context to any overall story but just something with pictures and dialogues. Maybe it's just meant to be indecipherable.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I wonder if it was a conscious choice to pick the initials A.D.A. - American's with Disabilities Association / Americans with Disabilities Act.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I don't even know what the gently caress. This really seems like mansplaining how gender is a social construct or is it a objectivist view of gender or what the fuckkkkkkkk.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

Yeah, the use of science fiction mutant/alien examples to deal with gender identity/trans issues isn't...really a great way to handle or explore them.

I wouldn't say that exactly if it's done well it can be really good such as Left hand of Darkness.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

What the gently caress kind of bullshit name is Clevin, who names their child that. What the hell is going on with that guys name? Why isn't Alison immediately trying to figure out why his parents named him Clevin.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

At this point I think we've figured out the writer is now in his working out my dating issues section of the comic.

Hey whatever happened to her serial killer friend? The one that was running around just straight up murdering people? Oh nothing? What about the whole Cleaver has cancer and is going to die, oh he's still around, oh what happened to that huge government conspiracy to killer supers. Oh nothing.

At this point just watching the death spiral.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Flesh Forge posted:

Yeah but the comic hasn't mentioned his cancer since, like, the first time it mentioned it. Not like it should be recapped every panel he's in but ... :shrug:

I think it's literally been 3 years total time to now so that's kind of weird.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Also where the gently caress can you buy a free movie year long membership card. How much did that cost ?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Galvanik posted:

I rolled my eyes at the movie membership thing too, but apparently it exists.

Yeah I did not need to know that.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

That's the dumbest loving thing she could have done welp let me just tear up a 25 million dolllar check gently caress the people who I am trying to help. What the hell.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

It's super dumb to tear up a check because of personal reasons. Like if was from Donald Trump you'd still take the money.

It's a check in the mail with no note or conditions based on cashing it.

It's just dumb.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

If Hitler wrote a check to a non profit I owned that was 25 million dollars I would at least consider sending a thank you card.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

gently caress ME IN THE rear end AHAHAHAHAHA FUKKKKKKKKK

:agreed:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I hope that his power is that he can draw energy from static electricity to create batteries or some other dumb John Galt like thing.

"[b posted:

Flesh Forge[/b]" post="464551044"]
But what if all her organs are secretly being shipped to a clandestine cannibal restaurant

Hrmmmmmmmm.

Interesting post / username combo here

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Sep 23, 2016

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Okay, so that is actually pretty good. Also, his eyes have the ability to turn so that's also a really nifty power.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I guess I'll point it out but with everyone's powers getting stronger I kind of wonder if this is gonna end up with Alison losing her powers to him.

Cause that'd be actually really great to see Alison try and stop someone who stole her powers.

edit:

Uh... wait a second. Maybe he's the one actually increasing everyones powers he just doesn't know it.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Sep 28, 2016

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I'm still unclear what his power even is. Like does in last forever? Did Allison partake?

I hate leave poo poo blank for no purpose other than, guess what happened?!?!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

If that would be the case that her organs regenerate outside of her body there needs to be a scene of tiny Ferals bursting out of people's chest like Alien.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Why have Allison's eyes slowly over the comics publication started turning vertical?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

So is Max's ability permanent? Also he shot out multiple firecums so did Alison get one? Who else did she give them too? The Doctor would be a interesting choice...

Like her idea was Feral , but it would have been better giving that Doctor who can just build anything and is a super genius a greater ability. The Doctor is a super genius so I kind of wonder if they boosted her intelligence even more than it is if she would have ended up like just curing world hunger over lunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

It'd be great if it ended with Alison accidently killing Feral and thousands of people because Utilitarian Man's super power is temporary for like only a few weeks.

Also, Heart Transplants are super loving hard to do and there's like maybe 30 hospitals in the US that even do them. It's loving dumb because depending where they are to solve the worlds transplant problem because hearts and lungs last like 5 loving hours even on ice before they can't be transplantable.

It's just loving dumb.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Oct 26, 2016

• Locked thread