Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I get the feeling that he probably does this poo poo a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Allison is above the law because her actions haven't exceeded her potential value yet. It is absolutely certain that the government has found a way to kill her after all of these years. I'm guessing they frantically started researching how to do so as soon as she went to the camp.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Fried Chicken posted:

How is something with no basis in what the story has shown "absolutely certain"?

The mere fact of Allison's existence is enough. You know how the Hulk used to always be on the run from the military because of how dangerous he is? Now imagine that the Hulk is incredibly popular and comes from a very liberal, well-educated background with a marked inclination for becoming politically active. Otherwise powerful men in the US government and military probably have frequent nightmares about Allison.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Fried Chicken posted:

Yes, it is unreasonable because it isn't supported by the work.

You guys are treating this like every other "realistic" treatment of superheroes like Ennis or Moore wrote it, where it comes down to who has more ultra violence up their sleeve and it isn't. With deliberate and clear intent they are breaking from that type of plotting and those tropes.

It would be criminally negligent for all the guys whose job was to figure out "Hey, what are we gonna do about all these kids with super powers?" to not actually ever try thinking up what to do about Allison. Even if that was the case, she was recently caught on camera threatening to murder a crowd while the police watched helplessly. Are you seriously suggesting that no one is sufficiently afraid of Allison that they would try to figure out a way to stop her? Have you actually met a human before?

Edit: I suppose it is always possible that they never actually found a way to stop her, though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jul 2, 2014

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Oh no, Alison's greatest foe- 5 guys with guns! How will she overcome such a threat?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The person whose super power seems to be mostly about making robots made the only robots we've seen? Yeah, it really was that obvious.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Paladin's statements are completely accurate, though?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I think that silent panel was Patrick, who knows more about how people think than anyone else in history, being completely and utterly astounded at how dumb a question it was. "Hey I just freely admitted to murdering a bunch of people just because I could in the middle of a diatribe about my failed bloody attempted coup and lack of respect for human life in general. And now you are randomly asking if I'm a rapist? Where the hell did that even come from?"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I'm starting to think that this is their version of foreplay. Really though, where does she get this absolute certainty that Patrick is a nice guy from?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I penetrated Patrick's head with the present, raping him (in the head with a present).

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
She tried to figure out why he was intentionally trying to make her angry, then realized midway through that he was an rear end in a top hat and this made her angry enough that she stopped caring about his motivations. Good job! As for why Alison can give him orders, it is because he literally cannot stop her from doing anything. He tried to topple the us government with giant robots and supervillain henchmen and she essentially shut him down solo. Patrick only told her about that big mysterious conspiracy after she cornered him.

But to be fair, it isn't like anyone can forcibly stop Alison from doing anything.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
You just know that the government has that line tapped and this call has initiated a panicked emergency meeting.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

ArchRanger posted:

What does her being able to fly do that makes her worth killing? I mean, we've seen other flying heroes before in the comic. I'd think the Brit teleporter would be a bigger threat but neither one is comparable to infinite free energy or the ability to speak to cancer or even just Patrick's mindreading.

Alison can kill anyone she can see. Now her reach has increased even further. I'm guessing that the default "oh poo poo Mega Girl is on a killing spree" contingency plan was to get on a plane and get the hell out of there. Maybe this wouldn't make any difference to the unseen conspiracy, but it certainly would to governments around the world.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The absolute worst way to develop someone's character is an extended monologue. Unfortunately, this comic is desperately in love with that narrative style. This whole arc has just been people giving bizarre speeches with the occasional murder.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
It wouldn't even be a fight. poo poo, the bat guy would have a better chance. But obviously, any conflict between them will come in the form of competing bizarre monologues.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
He murdered the protesters who she had also considered murdering. She doesn't give a gently caress about that, but is obsessed with Moonshadow killing rapists. Alison is kind of an rear end in a top hat that way.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Well, the most popular and strongest superhuman in the world is a woman who quit the superhero biz. That's gotta rankle for such an obvious attention whore who talks like a hilarious men's rights stereotype.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Hollismason posted:

Well even in Issue 1 when Allison fought Cleaver she straight up told him their powers were getting stronger, so I'm wondering what that meant for Patrick?

Like how do read minds more, or whatever.

His brain stopped working and he started doing monologues. This also manifested in every other character. Not every super power is useful!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I guess the best way to make an invincible protagonist sympathetic is to make every other character a babbling idiot. Take note, future superman writers.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Alison isn't always right, but everyone else is wrong.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i cant stop laughing at this. her amazing epiphany was that because domestic abuse is bad, she will end domestic abuse by contacting a series of kickstarter backer characters. she is mike huckabee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
she had the big epiphany about how she wasnt alone, even though only one of the people on that page would ever have any interest in helping her. also she is just kind of assuming that the robot lady is willing to dedicate her life to whatever dumbass plan she cooks up. im guessing that whenever anyone questions any of this she will just spout that completely fictional statistic she heard from someone else.

i love it, and while this isnt a good comic it has finally made the jump to entertainingly terrible.

• Locked thread