Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Fried Chicken posted:

How is something with no basis in what the story has shown "absolutely certain"?

Well someone killed all those potentials that had the ability to change the world fundamentally...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I think you're jumping to a lot of conclusions at what is maybe only the halfway point of the issue so far.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

Again, maybe hold your horses and see where the story goes? We are on page TWENTY-SEVEN of the current issue while previous ones have ran over fifty and even up to seventy-eight pages. Do you expect story arcs to be over halfway through a movie or book?

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

Flesh Forge posted:

Oops, sorry, she did ask him literally one question which he seems not to have answered to her satisfaction and thus full on physical assault is totally justified I guess. What the gently caress.

No she didn't literally ask only one question, but you really don't seem too concerned with what happened in the comic and are on some weird "Won't someone think of the date-rapists!" crusade.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

Her first response was to investigate and question the guy which, if you paid attention to the comic, you should have seen!

You keep making it out like she coldly and calmly walked up to the guy without word or provocation and started choking him out, but that's not what happened.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

It's because no one on the roof besides Allison thought anything wrong. They probably heard about the hospital incident, but how much of the details do they know? Protesters, firebomb, Allison freaking out at the protesters. They probably figure it's either none of their business or hey, Allison goes to our school and is a friend of a friend, she probably had a good reason to freak out at those protesters.

When Allison confronts the crowd with the fact that there is something wrong AND that hey might be partly responsible in the situation they instead make excuses for Miles/brush off her behavior: Miles is a friend of a friend/Allison has PTSD or something, rather than face their own possible culpability in the situation.

It's the same psychology at play when people don't worry about something until it directly affects them.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

Tollymain posted:

shame it's largely the territory of villains :v:

Like Batman!

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

SirDan3k posted:

That is still such a dumb idea if you think about it for half a second. Yes they would, they'd insist on it just to keep people from freaking out as bad over superhumans. Behold the bright and identifiable costumes that assure you they aren't mingling with the normal folks, the patriotic colors that imply you government has control over them, the acts of violence against the right kind of people to let you know if you keep your nose clean you are safe from them.

Eh. Cape and tights super heroes are a pretty American tradition. I imagine other countries just integrated the ones that actually fought crime into the police or military.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I bet her next target is a Super.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

Error 404 posted:

I bet her next target is Pintsize.

Could be. Although, there is a convenient newly introduced character from the beginning of the issue.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

Hollismason posted:

All you pretty much have to do is shoot the lights, pretty sure she has to see. Dumb Mercenaries.

Don't... mercenaries have to see too?

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

It begins kill it kill it!

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

Weeelp.

That's a cute puppy though!

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

Mars4523 posted:

Although the entire point of the comic is that Alison comes to the realization that you can't solve all the world's problems by punching things really hard.

Just punch even harder!

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

nimby posted:

Alison is such a liar, she doesn't look fine at all.

Cool haircut though.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

So I guess ex-super villain CEOs throw slumber parties in their offices with all their friends?

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I can't recall, have we seen her do any firefighting? Does she use respirator equipment when she does?

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

Holy poo poo! That's some catharsis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

Not being able to read your own mind? What does that even feel like?

• Locked thread