Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Pavlov posted:

I guess I'll be honest, when I first saw Miles, I didn't notice anything off about him either. I thought Alison was storming off to respond to that one text. I mean, his face kind of looks less like a rapist's, and more like the author got lazy with his anatomy. It's kind of like it's just... melting off to the side there. If you cover up the face, they pretty much look like a normal drunk couple.
Same - thought she was brushing that guy off to answer a text, and had to flip back to make sure I hadn't missed a page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Opposing Farce posted:

Works cited:
1. reddit.com/r/mra
Yea, thread is becoming one giant "trap sprung"

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

reignonyourparade posted:

I just realized the reason she doesn't drink is probably because Drunk Alison would be a massive public safety hazard.
More like she cant get drunk (but you probably realize this?)

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

RickoniX posted:

I think this is probably the judge who let the boys who raped that girl walk
Yea I was wondering how he was relevant, this strip explains it.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Matlock Birthmark posted:

I would assume because IVS is local to the area, so they can more readily make their judgement calls.
This is her Gotham.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

I didn't notice until now, but IVS is shown here getting on a bus for New York.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Brought To You By posted:

I also have a theory on how IVS's ability works. IVS has a form of specialized telepathy. This allows her to mentally convince people around her that she is not there and is likely the reason why her voice also looks distorted because you don't see the source of the noise. It could also explain why Brad, a biodynamic with heightened senses, has difficulty detecting her since she can trick his "radar" into thinking she is not there at all.

However, since she is still physically present in the world people under the influence of her suggestion perceive a warp in space at the location she is at. Being a form of mental suggestion this is probably why IVS is still able to carry weapons with her since she just convinces you that they aren't there.

Cameras.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Well he is a bat.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Brought To You By posted:

I don't think he fought in the same capacity as Alison though with some of the heavy hitting villains. In the first chapter we see him handling a non-robotic henchmen. I don't doubt that he was useful in a giant robot fight, just probably not for his ability to lift them with his bare hands.
Wow the art has certainly improved :eyepop:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Speaking of tiers, have we even seen any true tier ones besides Alison and Patrick?

Maybe Cleaver or Feral? They seem more tier two.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

I would consider Patrick's telepathy to be a tier one combat ability.

We haven't really seen any "supervillains" besides him and maybe Daniel

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

PleasingFungus posted:

but what tier would goku be?

please, tell me more about power levels
Could Goku beat up Dr. Manhattan?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Hey, she called it.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Hell, people weren't even sure if the guy going by "Sonar" had any kind of offensive powers. We just have speculation on what exactly Moonshadow's powers are and if she can turn invisible, why was she constantly getting targeted and needing cover from the other group members?
Their powers have apparently intensified over the years. Maybe she started out stealthy, or maybe Predator-type cloaking, and only later became capable of this level of invisibility.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

nimby posted:

Alison is still a bit of a jerk, first telling Pintsize she isn't there to make fun of him, then making fun of him.
It's so hard not to.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

If Hector is a 90s kid then then its more likely he watched Innerspace.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Captain Oblivious posted:

Ffffffuck off Hector.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Hector becomes a spy, surely that's exciting enough?

Or maybe go into showbiz

Jackard fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Aug 30, 2014

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Wittgen posted:

The comment section is up.

God help us all.
This comic didn't have comments before? I never noticed.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

She gets a message after these guys get slaughtered.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

thatbastardken posted:

Moonshadow may have set this up to murder these guys or get some info out of them - the leader mentions working for Templar.
Look again. They specifically mention NOT working for Templar because psychics freak them out.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Cat Mattress posted:

The guy does mention having worked for Templar before, but always refused jobs involving psychics. "I wouldn't even take those contracts with Templar, let alone this freelance poo poo" -- in other words, he sees working for Templar as better than freelance gigs, but even for Templar he wouldn't do psychic stuff. The "I wouldn't even do x, let alone y" always has y as a worse case of x, because you're rejecting doing y specifically by saying that you wouldn't even do the lesser evil that is x.
Hmm you're right. I assumed the mercs knew Templar was run by a psychic, but maybe only the readers and a handful of characters are aware of that?

I still doubt they are there for training. Moonshadow doesn't need it.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Sep 5, 2014

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Moonshadow don't play with your food.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

McSpanky posted:

No cutesy mouseover comment this time, even the metacommentary has gone silent. Them boys is hosed.
"Now that that's settled and everyone knows the score, it's time to begin the live fire exercise."

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

I'm guessing one of them just bolts, ends up getting away, and that's how Allison finds out about Mary.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

The box is a cooler filled with Mountain Dew.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Pavlov posted:

I really hope she just has a good sense of humor and didn't just pull a serious "all men are rapists".
Also this

"You think the police would let me just run around killing people indiscriminately? That's their job!"

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Looks like none of those guys had the sense to run screaming at "I am the invisible slasher"

Instead let's talk ethics with a superpowered serial killer :shepface:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

I'm gonna have me some fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGitN3vC0xE

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Level Slide posted:

And do you know who's also a starfish? Patrick.
Further proof that Moonshadow is being mind-controlled by Menace.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Cat Mattress posted:

Hovertext: "Today we have our first cameo appearance, of a backer who was super generous in our Kickstarter - cheers, Ken!"
Wow, harsh! :v:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Poison Mushroom posted:

In retrospect, what was the point of the last, like, ten pages?
Still betting on this

Jackard posted:

[Allison] gets involved after these guys get slaughtered.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Any Gunnerkrigg would feel right at home

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Wittgen posted:

I think the robots might be former Templar robots that have been re-purposed. They're friendly and harmless, but occasionally the old programming shines through.
Did it ever say where he got the robots from? Another biodynamic on his team maybe?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Male Man posted:

That design is hilarious, but I'm not sure it's supposed to be.

edit: Like I think I have laughed more today at ICARUS PUNCHES THE SUN than any other thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Astj-sK-9Sk&t=36s

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Enjoying this enough that I forgot what the chapter was about :smith:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

IF I'm reading the last panel right, she already got an "lol suicide" AI

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Captain Oblivious posted:

I choose to believe that the reason Paladin alludes to Humor Bots suicide being related to too much processing power is that the excess processing power gave him the ability to recognize that the best joke he could play is trolling Paladin by emulating the other two.
That's what I assumed, yes.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

I didn't make the connection from the name, but from her being the only character shown making robots

Wittgen posted:

I think the robots might be former Templar robots that have been re-purposed. They're friendly and harmless, but occasionally the old programming shines through.

Jackard posted:

Did it ever say where he got the robots from? Another biodynamic on his team maybe?
e: beat CaptainBravo putting two and two together by a month :shepface:

Jackard fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Nov 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

You don't sound like a genius robot inventor... this is the only way.

• Locked thread