Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Flesh Forge posted:

Ha, I actually had read your post before I read the comic page and uh, yeah I'm even dumber than I thought I was, thanks! I still don't really get it though, there is no indicator in the story that the judge set aside the verdict or anything. I guess it was just much simpler this way?

And there's an indicator that our murderer is administering punishment exactly in proportion to the victims' actions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Being a firefighter is pretty unambiguously good, unlike say, law enforcement.

Fire just wants to be free, man.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

ChairMaster posted:

Why not? What does the victim in question being able to fight back or not have to do with whether that person should be killed?

All life is sacred. HTH.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

I don't care how smart you are, using that design on your sign is loving stupid.

That design is hilarious, but I'm not sure it's supposed to be.

edit: Like I think I have laughed more today at ICARUS PUNCHES THE SUN than any other thing.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Hollismason posted:

I won't be surprised that this is two seperate views of how to fix the world, Paladin's view of uploading of human consciousness or replacing us with robot bodies or the frumpy invisible girl's method of just straight up murdering people.

It's two opposite extremes. Basically, no one knows what the gently caress they are doing.

I have no idea where this whole "uploading consciousness" thing is coming from. Like, there's no reason to believe that's a thing that is either desirable or practical.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

McSpanky posted:

Pretty sure it's this. Human hair is much more easily damageable than skin so Allison's hair is equally, relatively, vulnerable.

Alternately, it's because her hair is conceptually further from her personhood. Someone with no hair is just a bald person. Someone with no skin is a shrieking horror of meat and bone.

In other words: narrative convenience. Don't worry about it.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

You mean to tell me that people aren't purely rational self-interested actors?

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Fried Chicken posted:

She backhanded him into the wall. She pulls him close, he is getting overwhelmed feeling her emotions (he starts crying with her), he pulls "you know nothing Alison Greene", she leans back and raises her arm, he continues mouthing off so she backhands him with the arm she had just raised, last panel both her arms are down having completed the swing and he collides with the wall

I assumed she did some sort of super-strength exhale thingy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Carrasco posted:

That's what it looks like to me.

The second-last panel feels like such a non sequitur though. Like even if he's responding to something she thought, why would he say that? An elaborate and possibly suicidal act of self-sabotage?

Maybe he's being mind-controlled.

• Locked thread