Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

Fried Chicken posted:

Violet reminds me here of an uncountable number of wannabe psychiatrists who read a little bit about things, understand even less, and applies this gross oversimplification to human behavior in a way that is absurdly wrong.

She is right that Allison goes to solve with her fists too quickly, but Allison was not a child soldier (unless we apply a definition so broad as to be meaningless to understand the mental trauma she is tying in here) and simply being used to violence does not lead to PTSD, and PTSD doesn't intrinsically manifest itself as paranoia and violence.

Allison isn't in the right here - she brought a terrifying level of force to bear based off suspicion of a situation that she was new to, suspicions yet to be born out.

You have two characters both partly right in conflict, which is how things are in real life. This is why I like this comic
I agree that Allison most likely doesn't have PTSD, however. It's just a culmination of well, everything. She's been told that any biodynamic who could actually change the world is murdered, the thing that essentially set off the chain of events that ended with her not wanting to be a superhero. And not too long before that she witnessed one of her friends almost burn to death.

And the only way she could get anyone to help or even the actually listen was to be overly violent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
It's implied that IVS is only going after people who they get the names of, from the victim. So if no one said the names of the jury, then why would IVS go after them?

So Kaylee could have also blamed the judge, and stuck his name in there. Or it's the judge's daughters asking for help from IVS. You know, the ones that 'don't visit', and bringing up made the judge act defensively?

Just because we've only seen one 'client' meeting of IVS, doesn't mean there aren't others. Kaylee and her family had to hear about IVS somewhere.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
Something that's bugging me is that Daphne's (as far as I can tell that's the name of the girl who Allison gave a lift back home) friends/roommates are kind of assholes.

They told her that they were going to be there in 15 minutes, two hours before the whole thing went down.

And then go "Oh Daphne, getting drunk trying to keep up with us."

Am I missing something here? I really hope this is just them forgetting rather than something more sinister.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

nimby posted:

Give Sonar an evil costume and he'd make a supervillain.
You mean something like this?

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
When Alison is the alarm clock, you really don't want to push her buttons. Snooze or otherwise.

Pushing her buttons in general isn't a good idea either. :v:

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
Considering Alison said he has 'helium voice', I'd say that it is pretty high pitched.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
Huh, why's the guy in the 5th panel moving his hand behind his back?

Was... he going to get grabby with Moonshadow in panel 3, then realized 'oh poo poo, superhero'? His buddy also looks like he's just as shaken by that reveal.

Kind of strikes me as a boneheaded move considering Decker(?) thought 'invisible slasher'.

So I'm guessing that before the group went freelance at least one of them did something shady that caused someone to call on the invisible slasher.

I guess having them all come out on a contract gig was the easiest way to get them together. But it doesn't strike me as very smart for Moonshadow to do that, if she is going to kill at least one of them. Unless said contract was done under the table, or untraceable to her in any way. But she apparently gave them an alias that was protected via clearance.

I suppose it's also possible that she has connections to get the investigation swept under the rug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
A "series of emails left open on his computer". I'm guessing Moonshadow opened them up.

• Locked thread