Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Yo just for reference the 2-8% figure isn't "false," its "unfounded-" which can mean anything from "I was traumatized and fingered the wrong person" to "I was bullied into covering it up by my abuser" to "It happened but its he said she said." So even within that the actual flat out lies are an even smaller subsection.

Also, being more worried about being false rape accused (which would require your goony rear end to actually interact with people) than being raped means that you empathize more with rapists than their victims. That's exactly what the comic is trying to point out. You are far, far more likely to be raped (or to stand idly by while a friend rapes someone) than to ever be falsely accused, regardless of gender- so why are you so worried about the falsies?

Because subconsciously you think of yourself as someone who might "grey zone" rape someone, not as someone who might be raped. So maybe work that poo poo out before raising a fuss about "false rape."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread