Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

idonotlikepeas posted:

She could kill everyone there with basically zero effort and it's not even clear what it would require to take her down.

Psychic attacks, probably. But the only person with mental powers is a good friend of her.

Old age maybe?

Perhaps also radiation?

Nothing practical, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Sonar is probably tier one in that he can hear a pin drop during rush hour. Perhaps hear a punch coming and dodge (most of) the blow.

It's just that bullets travel faster than sound.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

thespaceinvader posted:

The really interesting thing when considering tiers, is that all the ACTUAL tier one (i.e. people with ridiculous, world-altering or world-saving powers) all got killed off...

Alison could change the world if she thought it through.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

I did not see that coming.

Sorry for the pun

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

MikeJF posted:

I wonder if there are any individuals as monstrous looking as Cleaver on the side of 'good'.

Give Sonar an evil costume and he'd make a supervillain.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Alison is still a bit of a jerk, first telling Pintsize she isn't there to make fun of him, then making fun of him.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

Wait, when did that happen?

Right at the start of the comic. It hasn't really come up a lot.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Hollismason posted:

So, fill room with gas, throw water balloons at the displaced area, shoot.

Why not just fill the room with lethal gas, if you're going to shoot anyway?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

She's either recruiting them to help defeat Alison or she's going to brutally murder them.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Frolicking posted:

Oh no, Alison's greatest foe- 5 guys with guns! How will she overcome such a threat?

They'd be a distraction while Moonshadow does her throat-cutting. Not that she really needs it, but doesn't hurt to have some help.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Jackard posted:

Looks like none of those guys had the sense to run screaming at "I am the invisible slasher"

Instead let's talk ethics with a superpowered serial killer :shepface:

She's a world famous superpowered serial killer. Would you run screaming at her if she just beat down your team without said team knowing what the gently caress?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

rotinaj posted:

At her? No. I think he meant away. Far away, before the doors were locked.

Ah, yeah, that makes more sense. Doh.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Unlucky7 posted:

It is possible she is doing this alone with the ton of money she has, but I would not be surprised if she turns out to have a partner.

Patrick has love affairs with all kinds of female Superheroes (maybe even some male) and is pushing them all ever so slowly over to the supervillain camp. Moonshadow just responded to the pushing faster than most.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

She's quiet and solitary when around people.

She loves the scared-as-poo poo attention she gets from her victims, as if it were a drug.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Poison Mushroom posted:

Looks like we were both right, then. You were right that it happened, I was right that it's poorly-executed.

Those guys seem pretty well executed to me.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Brought To You By posted:

It's pretty terrifying that despite there being a fair number of biodynamic superheroes running around, one villain could hole up in Boston for six months.

Mindcontrol is pretty overpowered if it can be done to large groups of people.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Carrasco posted:

Well, not all attempts, just the first three. Presumably the AI she had greeting the door isn't totally homicidal.

It is, but it is bound to its laws not to kill anyone directly. That is why it offers deadly neurotoxin to people.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

thatbastardken posted:

Are they? I need to archive binge to be sure but I don't know if Menace personally killed anyone.

He was a Supervillain. While he may not have murdered anyone, I doubt he stopped his evil deeds at taking candy from babies.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Everything that happened, happens or is going to happen has gone, is going or will go exactly as Menace had planned all those years ago before he started his supervillainy.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

It'd make for a good AI test, though. Torture it first, if it doesn't suicide or go on a murder rampage release to the public, child and idiot proof!

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Is this all an elaborate setup to give the Super Illuminati a reason to go after Paladin and give Mega-Girl a reason to take them down?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Alternatively, she just breaks walls and spreads plaster everywhere whenever she stumbles upon a corpse.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Depending on how strong her invisibility is (hiding her temperature etc.) would it even matter that she's outed? Keep in mind Moonshadow is a deranged serial killer, she probably craves the attention. Probably wants to prove to the world she's now a better super than Mega Girl, killing right under her nose and getting away with it.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Hollismason posted:

Is her other super power being the dumbest person on earth? Seriously ? She can't make that leap of logic there?

She grew up being invincible. She's never had to make good decisions, so there's that.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Comedy Option: Mega-Girl admitted she likes doing violence, has now caved to that gut instinct and secretly agrees with Moonshadow on how to fix things.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

She has to eat, sleep and breathe , no? Just pour molten steel over her, then dump that block in the Marianas trench. At the very least, it'll buy you enough time to work on a more permanent solution.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

I want to see Allison go talk to Cleaver and convince him to leave his life of crime to become her hairdresser.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Alison is such a liar, she doesn't look fine at all.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

thebardyspoon posted:

This dude is probably going to get his throat cut on live TV then right?

Only if he abused women. Maybe that is what's driving Moonshadow, fire-guy raped her and she's building up to a live television execution.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Sounds like he got burned in a few relationships, so now hates women with a fiery passion.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Slashrat posted:

Succesfully baiting out Moonshadow doesn't necessarily mean that things will go very well for him past that point

1) Bait Moonshadow
2) ?
3) Brag on television about beating Moonshadow.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

He forces those people to watch Looney Tunes every waking minute, he keeps them there to harvest their dreams.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The best way to go about changing history:

Travel back to a set point in time, let's say 10 000 years ago. Find a safe place, wait for a few hours to see if you show up.

Go to the time where you actually want to change history.

Go back to the present, see if you like the results.

If you like the results, go back 10 000 years ago and tell yourself to go ahead.

If you didn't show up 10 000 years ago to give yourself the go-ahead, think of a better plan or scrap time travel all together.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

A man so good and used to manipulating people probably can't stop doing it. The only time he can be mostly honest is on the phone, because then his words aren't catered specifically to your brain.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Gotta say I was wrong. Don't think Patrick is trying to manipulate her now, he might be on the verge of throwing himself out of the window here.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

mr. stefan posted:

Yeah nah even limiting yourself to the last couple generations the US isn't even close to matching poo poo like the holocaust, Great Leap Forward, or the Russian revolution.

At least those 3 examples had the had the decency to keep their killing inside their own borders. Except the Nazis. Or the Soviets. The Chinese haven't, yet.

I get why Patrick wanted to become world leader through force and 'mind control'. We regular people see so much poo poo, imagine if you can read everyone's private thoughts about killing people or doing other crimes.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

If you're going that far back, you'll find nearly everybody was a colossal poo poo. It just so happens that in SFP, Patrick realizes what a colossal poo poo he is and tries to cancel it out by taking out the big conspiracy. After that is done, he'll probably aim to get into some form of powerful political or economic position.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Whelp, looks like Patrick is still a supervillain. Just with a better cover this time.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

She just super-farted, Patrick is trying to shield his poor sense of smell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Involuntary gasps as she's choking will cave in whatever room she's in.

• Locked thread