Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

super sweet best pal posted:

So she got her absolution. Now what?

Paladinus posted:

They are going to make love while Clevin secretly watches through the window dressed as a window-clevin.

:shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
That stone story pissed me off to no end. What a loving stupid storyline.

Just crush the stones and walk away (from this comic)

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Nuebot posted:

There are people in the comment section saying it's totally awesome that it took them so long to get back around to this. That spending like two months+ on a single conversation is fantastic writing and artwork. That dropping any and all efforts in drawing backgrounds is a good artistic choice. Holy poo poo I hate every single one of these people with an intensity I never knew as possible through the internet.

What do expect when even the tiniest dissatisfaction with the comic results in your comment being deleteddisappearing from the server?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
I really wonder if they will get close to what they got last time on Kickstarter.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Feral goes through the "I can't remember what accent I gave this character" phase a lot.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Typical Pubbie posted:

The artist is working on two other projects right now. SFP is pretty much a side gig for her at this point, so she draws the bits she likes and the rest gets the bare minimum of effort.

What's the writer's excuse?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Damnit, they already funded. Here's hoping it doesn't make as much as the first book's funding at least.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Nuebot posted:

Also it's pretending like the super hero thing is still relevant in the least.

When has it ever?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Nuebot posted:

Then the page after that is her dropping congressmen into the ocean one by one?

More like "another 6 months of talking in a coffee shop".

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
People gave money to their Kickstarter. Twice.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

From the good webcomics thread:

Replace the OP with this.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Who the gently caress cares because once they leave Patrick's mind we'll never see these characters again.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
I still can't get over the fact that people pledge enough money to fund two books for this.

Is this what they wanted their money to go towards? Getting worse at your craft?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Typical Pubbie posted:

This comic was featured by Entertainment Weekly lol

Jesus Christ, more like Entertainment Weakly.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
New comic, more boring drivel.

At least some people in the comments section is starting to notice how dumb everything is. Until those comments "mysteriously disappear".

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Typical Pubbie posted:

Allison's cankles are bigger than her neck. The condition is rapidly becoming terminal.

It's like they're drawn at an angle; feet in front, head in back. Almost like how Ed from Ed, Edd n Eddy used to run.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > Strong Female Protagonist: If you start getting sick because no one has touched you in years, you can hire sex workers to come and rub your back.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Like this kind of build-up would possibly be fine in a regular comic where I'm reading the entire thing in one sitting, but this twist is loving terrible for a once page a week format. There are way too many filler panels. If they just wrote this like a comic book instead of a webcomic maybe they'd actually have a decent story to tell. But now it's just filler filler filler oh yeah here's a panel of story.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Nuns with Guns posted:

They just farted around in Patrick's brain for 30 pages. We learned his tragic history that could be replaced with TV static and nothing worthwhile would be lost.

Almost 30 pages of non-story with 1-4 panels of actual plot. This comic sucks.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Like normally a chapter should end with a question answered, not leave you with even more unanswered questions. We came into this chapter asking "What is the Conspiracy?" and now are leaving with "Why was her teacher jumping around Patrick's mind?" "Who is Patrick's dog-killing mother?" "Why'd we have to go through multiple pages of young Patrick only to sum up the interesting part of his life into one page?" "Why does everyone have mindscapes?"

And to top it off, they didn't even answer the original question.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
The chapter before this was the one with the professor and her talking for months for no reason whatsoever too.

This story has no plot and the author has no idea how to write one.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
So does her super healing not prevent comas?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
More like The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > Strong Female Protagonist: More Issues Than the Actual Comic!

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
What was the build-up with the shadows for? Did they just finish watching The Last Jedi or something?

Like this comic has no pay-off at this point. It's bad; plain bad.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Needs her saying "Quiet, quiet you!"

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Axe-man posted:

Going to guess there is no point to this.

Strong Female Protagonist: Going to guess there is no point to this.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Strong Female Protagonist: A loving awful webcomic that we can't look away from.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Thanks to Fister Roboto for coming up with the original idea (panel 3), and Discendo Vox for suggesting the "hurr". You can blame me for the rest.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
I was going to photoshop a fleshlight or dildo into her hands and make some more stupid sex jokes but I'd be putting more effort into their webcomic than they do. :v:

Also why does the mom have a permanent racoon mask over her eyes?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Flesh Forge posted:

Seriously I think he's reading this thread :tinfoil:

Patrick will look into her mind and only see Clevin.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
If she ends up killing herself I'm going to scream.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Flesh Forge posted:

Wonder what would happen if Max Power sprinkled his magical glitter dust on that particular character :shrug:

Clevin

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

pospysyl posted:

Not only have the last two pages had some of the worst dialogue I've ever read, they're also boring.

This and the table conversation with the professor that went nowhere make me wonder if a lobotomy would be better than reading this garbage.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
This is loving stupid. This entire sequence of events is so poorly set up I'm almost certain these panels were drawn a hour before it was uploaded.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
WHAT IN THE FLYING gently caress WAS THAT PAGE?!

What in the bloody hell is this chapter even trying to convey at this point? She's just non-chantey staring at some horrible tragedy like it's a pile of gold, she looks like she isn't even looking at the same thing as him.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
loving hell this comic seems to outdo itself in terms of shittiness.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

pospysyl posted:

Clevin's just another incel whose murders could have been prevented if his crush agreed to his pasta.

:quagmire:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Dawgstar posted:

So, wait, Allison turns Patrick down and then says she loves him? Jeebus.

It's almost as if the speech bubbles are written 10 seconds before their self-imposed deadline.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

quote:

"You've been killing me since the moment we first met"

I was thinking that that line was meaning that Allison did broke his brain, but knowing this comic it literally means that Allison and Patrick were meant to be.

I really wish I could forget this shithole comic existed, but the fact that people paid money for this poo poo depresses me to no end. :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

TheHan posted:

I wonder how the print version of this reads, the pacing has gotta be shambles.

Hopefully the people who buy this in stores will be only as nasty as we are in their critiques; I know I'd be a lot more pissed at this comic if I paid actual money for it.

• Locked thread