Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Meowjesty posted:

It is a neat comic and I hope it is very successful, but I am also 10000% ok with DC and Marvel (and anything related) never touching it.

Luckily, there's basically a zero percent chance they'd ever pick up a comic like this :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Poison Mushroom posted:

Whatever else happens, this thread derail was worth it just to see that. :allears:

This isn't even a derail, this thread is going to be like this constantly :unsmigghh:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Two Graveyards??? :aaa:

e: not fast enough on that there edit button pardner :clint:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yes, that would appear to be the general consensus :v:

E: Objectively, murdering them is the wrong way to handle this; but I personally ain't exactly weeping for them myself.

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Jun 20, 2014

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tenebrais posted:

It's entirely possible that it's both - she'd metabolise alcohol instantly but she's never put it to the test in case she doesn't.

Was Viral ever shown drinking? If painkillers don't affect her I figure alcohol wouldn't either, but they went to a lot of bars.

I think Feral metabolized that poo poo super fast. So, she just drank more and faster :pseudo:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Axiem posted:

Or it could just be some (reasonable) world-building. It's not like superhero-gets-drunk-and-causes-problems is something no one else has done.

On the other hand, it occurs to me that something interesting could happen story-wise if someone "accidentally" spikes her drink at a party, and/or tries to date-rape her.

I really hope they never go in the direction of that second one, I am uncomfortable with the subject matter of this chapter as it is.

Thankfully, that's the kind of mistake that I think no realistic character could be stupid enough to make.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The truth is those blades are composed of uric crystals

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How are you getting "Might makes Right" from that? :psydwarf:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man, there was no good answer to that situation, was there.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't think that's her.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Subtle composition, this.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this comic is super white, it's basically about the experience of incredibly privileged and aware of how unfairly tilted the world is in your favor and yet not being able to do anything about it and this part reflects the fact that well-meaning privileged people can still be incredibly hurtful or something idk

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah, superpowers only work as a story about marginalization/etc if they make you look hideous or if you can't control them, otherwise get hosed and stop whining :allears:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nah, he still gets to look gorgeous

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
he's got a 'pretty' mutation, he's rich, and he can fly :v:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
he's rich, i'm sure they can figure something out

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
shame it's largely the territory of villains :v:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Superstring posted:

Like Batman!

billionaire who goes out and beats the loving poo poo out of people who are desperate/mentally ill enough to work for psycho supercriminals, hell yeah he's villainous

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

except for stealing music over the internet.

what?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brought To You By posted:

And despite her grieving over her destructiveness; why hasn't Alison signed up with any relief organizations that specialize in construction where she could use her super strength to haul heavy materials or even just learning how to build instead of break?

Because she believes she can probably do more good in a capacity beyond serving as glorified heavy machinery? :v:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
clandestinauts is the most dnd comic of all time though :confused:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SlothfulCobra posted:

Sure is convenient that the supervillains dried up when she quit the biz.

i think she quit after they put them all in jail

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So, why is she murdering the mercs? War crimes? Her killings so far have all held some kind of justification, I don't think she's just decided to start murdering people for the hell of it. :raise:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Warmachine posted:

Alternatively, she may be far enough down the rabbit hole that "Nobody can know my secret," is justification. Slippery slope and all that.

But they didn't know until she told them :v:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that seems a really unwise choice

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hollismason posted:

She could just be showing off to make them to the line as well, but I am still going for "Outright murdering".

Also, it's probably the artist, but she seriously does not look like she is in shape, unless he meant training and getting in shape with cupcakes.

It looks to me like that's what her body-type looks like when she's really fit. Athletic bodies don't all look alike, we've just become conditioned to expect them to look a certain way.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Slashrat posted:

a sporting chance

Yeah, right.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think she said she's basically got a lot of resources she can quietly draw on with her current position.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i don't know about you, but here in AMERICA

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Seems a little too not gray-green for that though :colbert:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tar_Squid posted:

We have many situations lately where cops have taken the lives of people who were unarmed, surrendering, and even in their own homes at the time of their death. Since very few if any of said cops are facing prosecution for this, am I also justified in taking the lives of said police officers?

Ask the people who've lost family members or friends to police. Social order isn't worth upholding nearly so much when it doesn't protect you and people like you from violence.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
to be fair, i'm pretty sure immortals would have about as much luck trying to rule forever than dynasties have.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Warmachine posted:

You'd be surprised how little a genius can figure out sometimes. Just because you're super smart with machines doesn't mean you've got a lick of sense about people, sociology, or communication.

Yeah, this. There are many kinds of intelligence. We just tend to think that the academic kind somehow extends to the others when in reality it's not really any more important and sometimes is much less so (how many stupid rear end in a top hat STEM majors have you known in your life?)

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't think it's that simple, though. He's clearly doing shady things, but I think that he's been truthful with her about his goals. I just don't think he trusts her to allow him to work through the channels he feels will accomplish those goals.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

thatbastardken posted:

Pretty much agree with everything except this bit, because out of Menace and the US government/Capitalism I'm pretty sure I know who the villain is.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
to be fair, a sapient ai would probably need to be loving enlightened to deal with humans' bullshit

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
but he can't actually do mind control

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i guess i feel it would go against the themes of the story for patrick to be outright lying to allison (as opposed to omitting his ongoing gray work)

also, idk why people always make this assumption that being able to sense and interpret people's thoughts would in any way indicate they can control them. it's like "i have ears, why can't i make people say what i want them to"

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah he's absurdly capable of subversion and blackmail but that's not what folks mean when they say mind control right now :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
solution to the genocidal allison problem:

1) build enormous hidden catapult
2) lure allison into the flingy part
3) launch her into orbit

all the super strength in the world won't slow you down if you're already hurtling through the atmosphere/space

• Locked thread