Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Of course there's a plan the dead world changing supers are Chekhov's retain the status quo murder plan and will be implemented by the third act.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

I don't agree that it would make the IVS more interesting to kill not-exactly-bad guys. It makes a simple narrative where Alison has no reason to question that what IVS is doing is the wrong thing and can stop it with out questioning herself.

Do you stop someone that kills the truly evil is a deeper moral quandary then do you stop someone who kills people that are jerks.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Flesh Forge posted:

Yeah when he encounters someone and they immediately go "wow Patrick is a loving weirdo!" Human beings instinctively cooperate and socialize, that's our big thing. If anything Patrick should be the most debonair motherfucker in the world.

e: although yeah Asperger's would totally justify that.

Which is probably one reason he doesn't think of himself as a person, he doesn't want to cooperate and socialize because every thought of the people around him pops into his head, every mundane boring thought, every violent fantasy, every drop of suppressed assholeishness. He could be acting in a way he knows people perceive as weird to keep at a distance.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

It's dumb. Superheroes are the most widely known frame of reference for superhumans that people have, the best way to get the general populous to accept superhumans is to turn them into superheroes.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

nimby posted:

Alison could change the world if she thought it through.

Superman would be worked to death and nothing would actually change except some bank accounts if we are pretending to be realistic.

"But the brown people will die by the millions once he dies sir!" "Well then we better start charging them more for power while we can."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

That is still such a dumb idea if you think about it for half a second. Yes they would, they'd insist on it just to keep people from freaking out as bad over superhumans. Behold the bright and identifiable costumes that assure you they aren't mingling with the normal folks, the patriotic colors that imply you government has control over them, the acts of violence against the right kind of people to let you know if you keep your nose clean you are safe from them.

• Locked thread