Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Hollismason posted:

I'd just like to go back to that discussion of Alison and the disconnect from reality her abilities give her. I thought it was going in that direction. I kind of thought it was kind of weak writing to make it clear that the Judge was in fact a terrible person, when it was already established that he was a terrible judge anyway.

It's kind of like instead of beating his wife they also showed his collection of little shoes in the attic then he like ate a puppy. Just to make sure you knew he was super evil.

I just find it a little heavy handed and any issues regarding Alison are very brief which I find a more interesting discussion than this whole revenge murder plot.

It feels sort of like these two pages have their story flowing backwards, minus the slashing.

"Why don't our daughters visit us anymore, Jim?"
"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME"
"I'm sorry, Margaret. This trial's got me in a sour mood. You know i'm just a harmless old windbag, right?"
"Well, I brought you some cornbread"
"No butter?"
"I didn't feel like going to the store today, Jim.." *camera pans up to reveal black eye*

And then he gets slashed.

As a whole, it feels like the scene is cheapened by establishing that he's abusive before anything gets said.

Niton fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jul 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Rexxed posted:

She threw it and hit him and was surprised because they both knew she was going to throw it at him.

Does that make it suicide?

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

SlothfulCobra posted:

The morality of corpses is pretty uncomplicated.

Pope Stephen VI begs to differ.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
The professor is horribly out of tone for what these guys claim their comic is about, but he owns tbh

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

KaosMachina posted:

why is this comic so bad

Says some pretty fuckin' uncomfortable things about the author that they shy away from any interesting human consequences, but a faceless minor character just snaps the deuteragonist's dog's neck over nothing, while showing its fear.

I.. don't think i've ever actually been mad at a dumb webcomic author before.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Flesh Forge posted:

This is right up there with Tarol Hunt setting up the rape snake lady with the rape collar, I thought that would be pretty hard to beat.

Not to defend Thunt more than is necessary, but the collar is just one in a long line of deeply uncomfortable, graphic ..things in his comic. That dude leaves nothing to the imagination, even when his audience is begging him to.

These two idiots? They've given up every ounce of potential SFP ever had just to avoid offending anyone.

Niton fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Dec 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Galvanik posted:

The character was a naga kept as a sex slave by the Goblin Slayer hero of some town. He'd put a magic collar on her that forced her to obey whoever held the leash. She's later freed by the human and dwarf but can't take the collar off cause it would detonate with the force of a small nuclear bomb.

I think the character was also based on his mother.

This is true, iirc he posted some insane blog post talking about how Kin is a tribute to his mother after people got upset about it.

Thunt is just terrifyingly into graphic depictions of torture & suffering in general, though. He's got.. problems.

• Locked thread