Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Wittgen posted:

the look on the dude's face on page 19 is super creepy.

Good lord, I've read that page three or four times, and only just now I actually noticed Miles and the drunk girl in the second to last panel. I'm...I'm part of the problem too aren't I? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

McSpanky posted:

Time to set another Adblock frame filter for another comments section.

It looks like they have it set up where the comments default as hidden. Out of sight, out of mind.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I still think it's fifty-fifty on being murder-time or recruitment pitch.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

At least it's an ethos?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

My copy of Book One showed up in the mail today. It's pretty nice, but I haven't gotten much of a chance to poke through it yet.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

MikeJF posted:

I wonder why they're MRIing her?

Probably a regularly scheduled checkup/therapy session.

And she definitely knows it's Mary, but doesn't want to believe it. I wonder if the same is true for the government, after all Moonshadow is kind of a government-trained assassin gone rogue, and that would be one hell of a PR hit.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Serious Frolicking posted:

You just know that the government has that line tapped and this call has initiated a panicked emergency meeting.

No kidding, a whole family of possums?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

thrawn527 posted:

I believe Google translate is telling me they're saying something like, "We cannot leave, the cartel will go after our families if we disappear." That about right?

Any chance this was a trap?

My guess is Furnace just blundered into the situation without really understanding what was going on.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

What exactly happened to Mary's belly wound? I like the general concept of the chapter, but the last few panels have not made a lot of sense.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Mikl posted:

After archive-diving:
Then we come back to this. Apparently Violet had moved out? Sometime? Because she's scared of Alison? And now she's moved back in and kicked Alison out?

The question marks are because we've never been shown any of this, between page 75 and the latest page (151) Violet and the other two haven't been shown or mentioned at all.

Going by Page 93 it certainly appears that Violet has moved out, but you're right it's not actually mentioned anywhere that I can see.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Wait, wait, hold up, there are large hydroelectric dams in Ohio?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

idonotlikepeas posted:

Come on, you nerds.

The one in the comic looks like the O'Shaughnessy Dam in CA, not the one in Ohio, but I'd guess that's just a coincidence (since you'll see a bunch that look just like that if you google for things like "hydroelectric dam"). On top of that, the Ohio River has a bunch of larger dams on it; I don't think any of the really big ones are in Ohio state in reality, but it wouldn't be totally unreasonable for one to be there in the SFP universe.

Oh sure, it's fine if they want to add another hydroelectric dam to the state. I just found it funny because there are states with better topography for the dam described in the story.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Mr. Green's email address is Superdad, that's adorable, or egotistic.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

ManlyGrunting posted:

I am not, however, okay with Allison enjoying a mocha flavoured cupcake. No good person enjoys mocha flavour.

This is true, mocha is terrible.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, I was going to say that line was the perfect amount of whimsy.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Mean philosophy prof looks so pleased with himself for calling Allison a tyrant :xd:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Brought To You By posted:

Also why are comments still moderated? At this point there's nothing to get controversial over so it seems unnecessary.

Open Internet comments are a dumpster fire. Two of the smartest things they've done is kept the comments section moderated and hidden by default. Of course they probably should farm out the moderation to someone not on the creative team.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Cleaver, you're not entirely wrong about Hermione, but she and Harry aren't a good match.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Plus telling that to someone who can put you through a wall without breaking a sweat shows either serious balls, or a stunning lack of survival instincts. Like that's about the only thing I enjoyed about today's strip, Allison's "really?" reaction to his outburst.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Forget the lack of a signature, there's no MICR line!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Air is lava! posted:

Okay. Another example, your parents are world class surgeons and from early childhood you are groomed for that job as well. You have amazing mental aptitude and are so dexterous that it's almost scary. You know that you can save countless people with your job but you never felt any passion all. It was always the dream of your parents, you hate being in charge of someones life, seeing blood makes you feel uneasy and you have an acute fear of dead bodies. Even though you are way worse at it, all you ever wanted to do was to be a janitor and take a step back from all this responsibility. Every day you are the only one who is capable of saving people in dire need, but it's wearing you down and you start to be incredibly depressed.
Is it morally wrong to quit a job like this, if it makes you feel miserable?

Self preservation isn't just keeping yourself away from acute bodily harm. Wrecking ones psyche can be almost as bad.

Isn't this Kumar's arc in the first Harold and Kumar movie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Goddamnit, Wild Turkey bottles are round. :argh:

• Locked thread