Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Now there's convenient timing, I only discovered this comic at the weekend and now there's a shiny new dedicated thread!

I've really enjoyed the comic to date. Alison is an interesting character with which to explore the difference between being heroic and superheroic. Patrick's line about how you can't fling poverty into the sea sums it up nicely, I feel. Feral's sacrifice was a visceral illustration of the being both heroic and superheroic which was as uncomfortable for the reader as it was for Alison. That there's some excellent writing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Now, now, let's not be judgmental. Maybe she really did trip and hit her eye on a doorknob, and her husband's just grumpy because he's had a rough day at work.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Slashrat posted:

It makes me think that he'll end up creating a new supervillain threat down the road to justify his dream lifestyle.

Well, someone's been activating Patrick's former minions. :tinfoil:

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

nimby posted:

Why not just fill the room with lethal gas, if you're going to shoot anyway?

Bullets are more controllable than gas. Unless the combat area is guaranteed airtight and will remain so there's a chance some of your lethal gas can be caught on the wind and end up drifting through the local home for orphans and sick puppies. With bullets there's a chance you'll miss and hit whatever's behind the target, but hopefully the person holding the gun is aware of that and will make sure they take a shot where a miss will do something harmless like hit a wall.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Kat Donlan would love this.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Heck of an awakening for a new AI. "Welcome to the world, here's a sock to the jaw to see if you can be provoked to violence!"

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
That's what I get for skimming through my daily webcomics while I'm still waking up. :doh:

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
So is this 'To Serve Man' (altruistic), or 'To Serve Man' (ironic)?

It's a cookbook!

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Oracle posted:

To serve man as in danceoff (remember she programs in a sense of humor).

Oracle living up to their nick and getting today's "Called it!" award. :thumbsup:

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Over twelve million views and about 75% dislikes. This is gonna be a PR nightmare.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Well that's one way to check the room for invisible murderers. Nice bit of improvisation there, Alison.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Mary's been exposed and is looking to escape so she's counting on surprise to get her past Alison and away. If Alison hadn't been so on the ball with the plaster dust I imagine Mary would've just waited for an opportunity to quietly slip out. Plus, Mary's a lot more battle hardened than when she and Alison last met, so it's possible that Alison's first instinctive counter would take into account the squishy Mary she knows, rather than the more ruthless woman she's dealing with.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
I think Alison suspects Moonshadow (her mental list of 'invisibles I know' is probably quite short) but she's not ready to point fingers yet. She's poking holes in the TK theory because the holes are large and obvious and need to be pointed out.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Jackard posted:

Could be bunch of homeless folks he invited in for the night

That was my initial impression. Which seems kind of unlikely after giving it a moment's though. I dunno what's going on here. :shrug:

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
I think Patrick's been deliberately pushing Alison away because he is falling in love with her and doesn't know how to deal with it. Maybe he's afraid that he's been manipulating her into being attracted to him without meaning to, maybe he's just afraid of intimacy in general, maybe it's something else we don't know about yet. Hence the supervillain monologue, delberately goading Alison into hating him to keep her at a distance. I'm don't think it's because he thinks Alison is an idiot, more that he's acting out of desperation because if he doesn't push her away right now then he won't be able to resist his own reciprocal feelings. Or maybe I'm just being a daft ole shipping goon who should get back to the Homestuck thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Welp, looks like Patrick got what he wanted. Alison's thing for him is definitely over.

• Locked thread