Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger
:cripes: Ugh. The water level. No thanks :frogout:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I hate it.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
in the 3ds rerelease they put giant arrows everywhere telling you exactly where to go

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmMhzaF7puM

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Liquid Penguins posted:

in the 3ds rerelease they put giant arrows everywhere telling you exactly where to go

Catering to casuals again

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
This level is rear end. I'd rather bathe in elephant feces. I'd rather eat raw eggs.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
I said the water level/temple is the hardest moment in Zelda gaming, maybe the hardest level in gaming history and this jerk said I was quote "a stupid pussy baby who can't game and a retarded scrub rear end human being who thinks Kirby is probly hard" unquote and I'm not sure how I should kick his rear end to death. Thoughts?

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
Water levels are almost as bad as Ice levels. They're both bad, but on a whole I believe Ice levesl are worse.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

big duck equals goose posted:

I said the water level/temple is the hardest moment in Zelda gaming, maybe the hardest level in gaming history and this jerk said I was quote "a stupid pussy baby who can't game and a retarded scrub rear end human being who thinks Kirby is probly hard" unquote and I'm not sure how I should kick his rear end to death. Thoughts?

yeah, get gud and stun him to death with your improvement

Dec 26, 2012

hes right

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

But minecart levels? Totally my poo poo

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

:gonk:

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
the water temple in majoras mask is actually somehow way worse than the one in OoT. the boss especially was a huge turd since you had to jump in the water to fight him and he had a near-unavoidable grab that he would use over and over

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

Office Thug posted:

the water temple in majoras mask is actually somehow way worse than the one in OoT. the boss especially was a huge turd since you had to jump in the water to fight him and he had a near-unavoidable grab that he would use over and over

poo poo.... *Throws away ninja gaiden to get some serious game on*

Dec 26, 2012

game well.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I like the water level because I like making Mario swim and I think the music is good.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

nono it wasnt a hard temple, just tedious and poo poo with loads of backtracking and a bad boss that grabs you with a 10 second animation that deals like 2 hearts of damage.

majoras mask is still pretty good though

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

FactsAreUseless posted:

I like the water level because I like making Mario swim and I think the music is good.

I can't believe you just posted this :bang:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

someone make a the auto-scrolling level thread

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

I can't believe you just posted this :bang:
Sorry, I'm a bit of a casual.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
wave race 64 is a gigantic water level and that pisses me off!!

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
never beat the earthworm jim water level :'(

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Only good water level ever was the Rayman Legends one.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
There were a few mega man X water levels that were neat

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Jesus Christ.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
I cant remember the last time I got truly pissed off at a water level, this is how I know gaming has gone down the toilet.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Super Rad posted:

never beat the earthworm jim water level :'(

yeah that one was a doozy

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Donkey Kong Country 1-3 had great water levels, good controls, awesome music, but once the N64 came around Rare felt the need to stick a water level in all their collectathons. gently caress Gloomy Galleon.

Buckwild Dorf
Apr 5, 2011

by XyloJW
Every 30 years or so Japan needs to get hit by a Tsunami to remember that water sucks.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
the only interesting part about oot's water temple was mirror link. and he's a cakewalk once you realize he can't do poo poo when you use the megaton hammer.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

not to gloat or anything but i was the only kid in my neighborhood who could pass the water level in tmnt for the nes

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Mr. Pumroy posted:

not to gloat or anything but i was the only kid in my neighborhood who could pass the water level in tmnt for the nes

yeah but what the gently caress do you do after that?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Psycobladder posted:

Donkey Kong Country 1-3 had great water levels, good controls, awesome music, but once the N64 came around Rare felt the need to stick a water level in all their collectathons. gently caress Gloomy Galleon.

slam dunk post right here

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Action Tortoise posted:

yeah but what the gently caress do you do after that?

after that is the best level, a huge open map where you get to drive around in the party van and shoot pizzas at ninjas and jump into sewers.

after that my memories get fuzzy i think there was another big map but it was bullshit and had like searchlights that would instantly screw you or something? any the level after the dam was definitely worth the effort.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Ecco the dolphin was alright

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
if you played tmnt as a kid and can't do the dam level by muscle memory i'm ashamed of you

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Sewer levels are worse

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Terror Sweat posted:

Sewer levels are worse
They're way shittier.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug