Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Oof that's a tough one, the colors are different but extremely close. If you have the pattern on your computer you can use photoshop or GIMP to replace or highlight all of the 3770 backstitching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Variegated is really fun! You can also change your stitching direction to make the stripes change direction.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

"Why isn't this sitting in the center of the mat like it should? Let me measure... yeah there's 1" of fabric to the edge where I pinned it so it should be centered. What's going on here 1.5" margins to the cutout on the top and bottom and on the sides it is... poo poo."

Well if I can manage to be consistent enough with my measurements I should be able to pop the already pinned middle bit of foam board right into a new, correctly centered, cutout in another piece.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Ok I wanted to get people's opinions on mat colors. These are all temporary:

I think the first looks great with a white mat.

The second maybe a hunter green with an oval opening to make it look like you're peeking through the woods?

The final I don't really know. The white seems ok, a grey wouldn't work with the fabric, no idea what else would go.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Oh yeah a dark burnt orange could really work there. Maybe a color close to what is used in the ankles of the front paws and back of the ears? That's DMC 400.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I do pretty much all my my projects on evenweave now, usually 32 count over 2.

Of course that's partially influenced by having a stack of fabric of the months to choose from.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I finished my bunny

It was supposed to be on light fabric so I had to redo all the backstitching color so it would stand out. Settled on DMC 820 "very dark royal blue" for the outer edge of the bunny and E168 "gently caress you goddamn is this a pain in the rear end to use metallic silver" for the jar.

Seriously one of the most subtlety shaded pieces I've done. The gradient in the rabbit was drat near invisible for most of the project.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

More detail which better shows the color: