Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

MarksMan posted:

They are convinced that I, as a white person, am against them and that I secretly wish they were slaves.

Why would anyone want to be friends - even Facebook friends - with someone who (they think) wants to enslave them? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

MarksMan posted:

Because up until about 1 year ago he was a completely different person. I have no idea what radicalized him, but he went from being normal and non-racial/non-political, to being a hardcore New BPP, "white devil hating" type poo poo.

Then why hasn't he unfriended you yet? It doesn't make sense to me! It would be like if I went "Oh yeah, I'm 100% certain that my old buddy Bob would gladly rape me - or any other woman - if he thought he could get away with it, but I'm not unfriending him because of Reasons." Either he believes you're a would-be slaver and hates you or believes you're "one of the good ones" and likes you. Which is it?

EDIT: And if he really does believe you're the white devil, then what are you getting out of the relationship? Why don't you sever?

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jun 15, 2014

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

MarksMan posted:

I think despite me being the white devil, the fact he knows I'm a medical MJ collective owner makes me a little less of a devil since he likes bud. We agreed on a lot of various things before he had this black awakening or whatever you want to call it. We also had a lot of similar things/events in our lives, which makes it that much more confusing...he's never directly called me a "devil" or talked down to me in particular, but when you are constantly degrading the white race as a whole, it's hard not to be offended. So, in short, he does not offend me personally and never is hostile or malicious towards me. I guess it's a good question why I don't un-friend him. I guess it's because, on some level, I like to be able to view a lot of different viewpoints on FB even if I don't agree with them.

sever

• Locked thread