Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Impatient Skype JO
Nov 26, 2011

leave a sign ... something witchy

you posted:

your text here

Dark Souls posted:

imminent beating to a pulp

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

30-something, and I don't hate myself, I hate white people, not white persons.

"I don't hate black people, I hate niggers!"

But for real though, everyone should be proud of their race and that's that. gently caress that poo poo about white people needing to be quiet and hate themselves, it's that kind of thing that just pisses off people who'd otherwise be your pal. If you aren't a racist, you have every reason to feel good about yourself.

Everyone, let's hold hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impatient Skype JO
Nov 26, 2011

you posted:

your text here

Dark Souls posted:

lol, I'm not white so you might have to rewrite your fruity little insult there, pal

E:^But what does that mean for people who don't get to be proud of their fancy countries of origin, like black people? Lots of African Americans wouldn't be able to tell you where their families come from, so settle for being proud of being simply black instead; does that make them racist?

Impatient Skype JO fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jun 18, 2014

Impatient Skype JO
Nov 26, 2011

you posted:

your text here

Dark Souls posted:

Popular Thug Drink posted:

i'm not white either, in fact i'm not even human. i'm a sentient posting cat. don't be speciesist, buddy

Nigga, you are most crazy. I love it.

quote:

there's really no reason to be proud to be white, because white people as an aggregate haven't done much except exist in opposition to black people. white people are colorless when they want to be

it's like being proud to be straight. whoopee i am so proud that my sexuality is celebrated and widely recognized and barely impacts my life except when negative emotions flit across my brain because i'm having a guilty reaction to someone else's oppression!

I disagree on the basis that nobody has lived until they've looked up things their ancestors did and either started greeting everyone with a raised fist and a "ZULU!" or gotten nude, smeared themselves in dirt and brandished a broadsword at random passerby. Like yeah, race is a silly thing to be proud of, but if everyone was proud instead of insecure, poo poo would be a lot different.

Impatient Skype JO
Nov 26, 2011

you posted:

your text here

Dark Souls posted:

why do you think "White Pride" is a racist slogan?

Because it's a way to redirect you from their insecurity. Like, go to stormfront or wherever racists dare; count how many times you see them mention how they don't want interracial breeding, don't want to admit non-white achievements, how scared they are of black men beating them up and taking their wives. It's pretty funny.

They can pretend to be all about white pride all they want, but they're really about pretending not to be cowards/scared of people from other races

Impatient Skype JO
Nov 26, 2011

you posted:

your text here

Dark Souls posted:

so if that's not authentic White Pride, what is?

Being able to drink all the mayonnaise you like without worrying what anyone will say. Or being able to leave the house smelling like hotdog water without feeling gross. Or having weird, clammy hands and not even trying to do something about it.

Oh, and showering without a washcloth

Impatient Skype JO
Nov 26, 2011

you posted:

your text here

Dark Souls posted:

it seems to me that the only time people invoke white pride is when they're trying to justify why they shouldn't face consequences for saying opinions
Our experiences differ. The only time I see people invoke white pride is when they're trying to make some retarded "What about white history month?"-type point to me.

quote:

like that article that said "Hey as a white person you don't automatically have a stake in a conversaion about race between nonwhite participants" that got immediately jumped on as tantamount to censorship, racial thought policing, and racial guilt
I never really follow the whole social justice blog scene, but all I know is that I really hate that wannabe-snarky, condescending tone they all seem to be written in. I bet that this article was written that same way, and probably with the words "ally" (written in quotes) or "cookie" somewhere in it. You can't really expect people to just be easy when you're talking down to them.

Anyway, let me quit rambling: I don't know the article, can you link me, please?

Impatient Skype JO
Nov 26, 2011

you posted:

your text here

Dark Souls posted:

tone arguments :(:(:(

even though i don't read these things often, i feel like they're talking down to me which is why i dont like them and won't read them

:crossarms:

quote:

its on the previous page of this thread

Oh my. Uh, I was reading the thread, I promise.

edit: I loving called the "cookie" thing, you owe me a fiver

Impatient Skype JO fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jun 18, 2014

Impatient Skype JO
Nov 26, 2011

you posted:

your text here

Dark Souls posted:

Just feel good about who you are, remember to introspect, and keep in mind that Jesus was a Jew and he loves us all.

Zulu be with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impatient Skype JO
Nov 26, 2011

you posted:

your text here

Dark Souls posted:

Why can't you guys discuss this without trying to sneakily imply that the guy you're talking to is a racist?

SedanChair posted:

So Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, who has maybe seen his share of racism and progress away from it since uh playing in the NBA in the 1960s and converting to Islam thinks black people should speak up and point out racism. Forums poster rudatron thinks no, black people should remain quiet and when they speak, that's "the problem with the left." It's also "microaggression tumblr" for the black legend formerly known as Lew Alcindor to weigh in on his experiences with racism, rudatron says.

Let me go ahead and weigh these opinions.

And this is stupid as hell, if you give no poo poo about his opinion, why not just read Kareem Abdul Jabbar's articles all day instead of talking to someone that you don't care to hear from? Be easy, nigga

• Locked thread