Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

enbot posted:

Nope, and such beliefs are just as racist as any tea partier.

Is a black guy getting led by a white lynch mob to his death because he looked at a white woman the wrong way "just as racist" as the mob if he thinks, just before the noose is slipped over his neck, "Man, I hate white people."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

E-Tank posted:

As it is, the prison system is basically just slavery 2.0

Make up bullshit reasons to send minorities to jail and then hire them out for 15 cents an hour as physical labor. Boom. You've re-invented the idea of slavery.

Angola Prison

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

MarksMan posted:

They are under many delusions. We are the white devils. "We" are holding them back, "we" are supplying all the drugs in the hood, "we" want to keep them down and have vast, elaborate, long-ranging conspiracies to do so.

MarksMan posted:

Just for you, I'm finding the various comments he made and trying to paste them all together in Paint right now...I don't know why, but you seem to have just came out of the woodwork attacking me and whether what I'm saying is true? I don't understand it, but whatever.

Here's what I sent to him:

"My father came from a dirt poor family and picked cotton (literally, it was the field work available at the time) in 1950's Mississippi to help pay the bills for the family. He also walked in the Civil Rights march when it came through Jackson, MS in the 1960's, not a very popular thing for white's to do at the time I would imagine. He worked his rear end off in school and was doing biochemistry Ph.D. work when he was drafted in Vietnam. They said if he went to medical school and served as a doctor in the field when he was done, they would pay for it; so he did. So he became an M.D. and thankfully for him the war ended before he was done, so he still got it paid for. So, I don't think the little cartoon applies in this instance -- his family didn't get special treatment, he didn't get special treatment getting employment, and I moved out from my parents at 17 and have supported myself since (28 now).

So I don't think the cartoon is really applicable, but I understand the general point you are making. I msg'ed this because I just didn't really feel like putting out a bunch of personal details about my dad for the world to see."

You can take from that what you want, but it still means you weren't right trying to imply that I, as an individual, benefited directly from slavery? Since you had to bring up me sending you something directly, I decided to post it anyways.

Everything your dad did would have been harder if he were black, conversely, it was easier because he was white.

Also, you're really upset about how terrible it is that the plucky little white race is being misrepresented by those awful black facebook users. You should reflect on whether or not these feelings are impacting your ability to live your life and chill out before you start asking yourself "why isn't there a white history month."

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

MarksMan posted:

Uhm, since when was I just "really upset?" I'm more upset that I find myself the one being attacked, but whatever. I think I am a pretty chill guy...my job pretty much requires it

MarksMan posted:

Why would I make up that he's calling me a "devil?"

He called white people devils and you're taking it as directed at you, personally. The problem though is that your first instinct isn't to go "Why would a black person feel this way," your first instinct is to call them delusional and fall immediately into a denial of white privilege just like every comfortable white kid ever. If a brief glimpse into this sort of powerless and inconsequential negative feelings against your race is being taken this personally, you should thank your lucky stars you're not black because you couldn't handle it.

Imagine what you're feeling now, except it's an entire society telling you these things every day of your life, in ways both subtle and deafening.

edit: In fact, you can stop this facebook conversation and never have to hear about how white people murderers are the devil ever again. He doesn't have that option.

Sharkie fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jun 15, 2014

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

MarksMan posted:

I said plenty of times before I don't take it that he is attacking ME. I have said numerous times now that he has never personally attacked me or been negative to me.

You literally said:

MarksMan posted:

MarksMan posted:

And my life was anything but comfortable? Again you guys don't know me but are just assuming all sorts of poo poo...

Fair enough, though would you agree though that your life is more comfortable than it would be if you were black?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

MarksMan posted:

He was referring to all white people as devils, so that would include me, no?

MarksMan posted:

I said plenty of times before I don't take it that he is attacking ME. I have said numerous times now that he has never personally attacked me or been negative to me.

MarksMan posted:

MarksMan posted:

They are under many delusions. We are the white devils. "We" are holding them back, "we" are supplying all the drugs in the hood, "we" want to keep them down and have vast, elaborate, long-ranging conspiracies to do so.

You're kind of all over the place with this one but despite your insistence that you feel he isn't attacking you, you are claiming that you feel he's calling you a "devil." So again, my advice to you is to thank God or Dame Fortuna or whoever that you're a white person in America because otherwise you'd have an entire society telling you these things, and worse, and you couldn't ignore it by closing a facebook page.

• Locked thread