Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ChairMaster posted:

Well probably the same as the reverse one except reverse? Like if they were more qualified than the other guy who got hired because he was the same race as the hirer.

Do you really think this happens a lot, though? I would say that the number of white people who experienced something like that (being genuinely more qualified but being passed over because they were white) is vanishingly small.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
"White people" were created solely as a method of exclusion. Before imperialism and slavery, there were just English people, French people, whatever. It wasn't until the Atlantic Slave Trade and colonialism that Europeans had to come up with a system to oppress people based on skin color. That isn't to say that racism didn't exist before the 1600s, but it was different back in medieval times and ancient times. The Greeks were pretty racist but they didn't have a system of "white people vs non-white people", but rather "Greek vs non-Greek". Same with the Romans, the Chinese, etc.

This could all be wrong, of course; I'm just relaying what I've read and heard over the years, but that's the basic gist as I currently understand it.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm convinced the vast majority of SJWs on tumblr are just trolls. Look at what happened just this passed Father's Day: some dudes on 4chan created fake tumblr and twitter accounts, masquerading as feminist non-white women and saying that Father's Day should be ended because men are nothing but rapists. This was an attempt to piss people off and turn everyone against feminism.

So, seeing that, I have to wonder if some of the more inflammatory SJWs aren't also just white boys trying to make feminists and anti-racists look bad.

• Locked thread