Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
enbot
Jun 7, 2013

Jim Barris posted:

They're right.

Nope, and such beliefs are just as racist as any tea partier.

Mukip posted:

There were powerful economic motivations for slavery in America, which probably had a lot more to do with slavery being propagated than some all-consuming desire of whites to dominate blacks. Dehumanizing the slaves through an ideology of racial supremacy was no doubt convenient to keep the system going; otherwise there might be (and was) a moral outcry against the practice. Racism is probably more of a symptom than a cause of slavery.

Yep, people do not like to be bad or evil or whatever - racism was a handy justification for slavery. A way to make people equivalent to work animals or tools, things that people don't feel bad about using.

enbot fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jun 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enbot
Jun 7, 2013

E-Tank posted:

Oh hey, it's our resident Nazi poster. gently caress off.

:newlol: gently caress off yourself, rear end in a top hat.

enbot
Jun 7, 2013
:newlol: if you actually believe "White people oppress blacks in America" is almost always true.

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Has anyone ever considered that there might be a happy medium between "WHITE PRIDE WORLDWIDE" and "I am the devil and should literally kill myself because I have light skin"

Like, I'm a white dude. Yeah, white people do a lot of bad poo poo, and yeah, I've gotten a lot of breaks that I wouldn't have gotten if I weren't white. However, on a personal level, I try my absolute hardest to not be an oppressive piece of poo poo. On a systemic level, there's not a whole lot I can do, but I still call people out when they say bad poo poo and vote in favor of policies that don't gently caress minorities over. I wish there was more I could do to fix the problem, but short of literal magic, I'm pretty sure there isn't, so I don't personally lose any sleep over it because I'm doing the best I can. Why do none of the people who are pissed off about "white guilt" ever see this as a valid option?

Yes, basically this is what most people do; it's just that social justice warriors are completely and utterly retarded. Outside of the internet they are non-existent.

Like seriously, in the academic world something like this:

VitalSigns posted:

It's a pretty big difference between saying "White people oppress blacks in America" and "black people steal TVs". First, the former is true almost always; second, requiring minorities to add #notallwhites in every sentence takes the focus off of the very real problem; and third, if generalizations about white people hurt your feelies you have one option to deal with such racist stereotypes that minorities don't have: you get to ignore it because it causes you zero actual harm and it has no material effect on your life.

would be completely mocked and laughed out the classroom. It's really sad some people here honestly believe it's perfectly acceptable to say racist trash like that.

enbot
Jun 7, 2013
Like shocker, maybe both statements : "White people oppress blacks in America" and "black people steal TVs" are awful things to say and any attempt to justify either statements should be repulsive to any thinking person.

• Locked thread