Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sucrose posted:

Is this guy under the illusion that anyone other than whites abolished slavery in the Western world in the first place?

Without the african-american contribution to the union war effort, we would have lost the civil war :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Q: What do you call a dead white person?

A: A good start.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
did you know that more blacks today own a refrigerator than slaves???? also their granite countertops!!!

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

natetimm posted:

This is bullshit meant to quell discussion and force your mindset onto others. It essentially tells white people that if they don't think they are racist to be quiet because they are one of the good ones and if they have to the desire to speak then they are automatically racist by admission. It's bullshit tumblrspeak.

white people do have nothing interesting to say about anything, though :confused:

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
30-something, and I don't hate myself, I hate white people, not white persons.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Impatient Skype JO posted:

"I don't hate black people, I hate niggers!"

But for real though, everyone should be proud of their race and that's that. gently caress that poo poo about white people needing to be quiet and hate themselves, it's that kind of thing that just pisses off people who'd otherwise be your pal. If you aren't a racist, you have every reason to feel good about yourself.

Everyone, let's hold hands.

Race doesn't exist only racism. It's impossible to be proud of being white without being racist because "white" only means anything insofar as racism exists.

Things it's okay for white Americans to be proud of being: a) American; b) whatever European ancestry you have; c) your state I guess?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
It'd be dumb for a Nigerian immigrant to new proud of being an African-American. African-American culture actually exists as a distinct subculture in America, whereas being white doesn't. And there are "white" African-Americans (insofar as they'd be perceived by skin color).

There are regional subcultures that are largely composed of white people, but somebody from Alabama probably doesn't have much relationship to Pennsylvania Dutch.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

SedanChair posted:

They can be proud as soon as they get ignored while hailing a cab. Bonus points if the cab driver is actually another Nigerian immigrant.

That's just being black. It's like a Mexican being proud of Bolivar.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

WorldsStrongestNerd posted:

Ha. What do you mean "If they could"? Although blacks did play a minor part in securing thier rights, we got rid of slavery and segregation because thats what white america wanted. Blacks did not take thier freedom and rights by force, a majority off white americans decided to stop being oppessors. If we were a truly evil country we could exterminate the blacks ala like the nazis did the jews. we dont have slavery because white america doesnt want slavery. So asking if we would if we could is a nonsencical question.

Blacks played a major role in securing their rights: without freed slaves' contribution to the union war effort, it's not clear that the union would have won.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
White people did 9/11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
told you so

The Mash posted:

Maybe just all the ones in this thread? Then once we're gone, someone can take stock and figure out if that was enough.

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Q: What do you call a dead white person?

A: A good start.

• Locked thread