Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

I guess I don't think it's fair to say that LBJ got the civil rights act through entirely out of self interest, considering the political price he paid. I wouldn't dispute the general idea that black activism was primarily responsible for civil rights though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

Except most whites are actually not appalled by the thought of making blacks subservient at all, sadly. Racism is still the most important constituent fact of this country. You can't begin to understand America without understanding racism. Just look how insane half the country has gone as a result of Obama's election. Those people aren't reacting to Obama as a politician; they're reacting to the fact that his election seemed (and mostly only seemed) to destabilize the established racial hierarchy.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

Omi-Polari posted:

Yeah that's certainly true in part but also partly non-falsifiable. A big chunk of them would have gone insane if Obama was white. Look at the stuff they regularly say about Hillary Clinton, for example. So how much of this insanity is exclusive to Obama and how much of it is not? Well, some of it clearly is. But it's difficult to tell and you also show that: "his election seemed," "mostly only seemed." So it appears that way, it seems that way, but how much of it is an appearance and how much of it is a fact? Again, some of it's a fact, other times it might just be an appearance.

Yeah if only there were some white democratic presidents to form a basis for comparison...

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

Thanks for replying to Arkane I guess guys. I'm not going to, I've had him on my ignore list for over a year.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

In this thread we unironically argue with people who talk about anti- white racism.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

Hey remember that time when those five innocent white guys were convicted of raping and murdering someone they didn't know on racially motivated charges and woefully insufficient evidence? And then it took decades for them to receive proper compensation because the people who had them arrested tied the whole thing up in court for years. Oh wait.

Jesus gently caress Michael Bloomberg.

Ogmius815 fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jun 20, 2014

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

VitalSigns posted:

Okay, imagine that you don't want to talk about a certain subject, so you raise every pedantic objection you possibly can.

Perfect pedagogical strategy for SudanChair.

Ogmius815 fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jun 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

Hey guys did you know that the existence of affective states is non-falsifiable? Just call me Ludwig 'cause I'm dissolving problems all up in this bitch.

Actually you are an idiot

• Locked thread