Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

I wish Starbound was a dick so I could put it in my ass and mouth!
lmao chemical imbalance theories of depression are bullshit spouted by doctors to push SSRIs on people

stop taking chemical cocktails and smoke some weed, lift a thing, and get laid

if that doesn't work then you probably are smart enough to realize life is painful and absurd and no amount of distraction or drugs can change this conclusion so good luck spending the rest of your life debating on whether or not to bite a bullet until you find yourself alone in a nursing home regretting all those years you spent analyzing your life as a sad sack instead of oh too late now you're dead and yhour life wasn't really important enough to warrant all that worrying anyway inthe grand scheme of things

great thread, now i'm depressed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

stuntwaffle posted:

lmao chemical imbalance theories of depression are bullshit spouted by doctors to push SSRIs on people

if that doesn't work then you probably are smart enough to realize life is painful and absurd and no amount of distraction or drugs can change this conclusion so good luck spending the rest of your life debating on whether or not to bite a bullet until you find yourself alone in a nursing home regretting all those years you spent analyzing your life as a sad sack instead of oh too late now you're dead and yhour life wasn't really important enough to warrant all that worrying anyway inthe grand scheme of things

lol

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
the only thing that keeps me going is my carefully cultivated delusion that science will find a way to significantly extend the span of a human life sometime before i die

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

It's them chemicals they put in food and soda pop and candy.

gagelion
Jun 13, 2013

by XyloJW

stuntwaffle posted:

same

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
u aint bout it unless u got that electroshock therapy b*tch

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
if you put rats in a cage and threaten them with a snake they freak out and try to get away. if you keep doing it eventually they just stop reacting to it and other threats. humans gotta put up with dumb poo poo all the time that they have to do aswell, its a similar mechanism. some dude at school threaten to kill you? too bad everyone says you got to go anyway. your work turning into an unbearable hell? too bad you got to go anyway for the money.

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

EA Sports posted:

if you put rats in a cage and threaten them with a snake they freak out and try to get away. if you keep doing it eventually they just stop reacting to it and other threats. humans gotta put up with dumb poo poo all the time that they have to do aswell, its a similar mechanism. some dude at school threaten to kill you? too bad everyone says you got to go anyway. your work turning into an unbearable hell? too bad you got to go anyway for the money.

Its some bull poo poo. Lets go live in the woods lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

stuntwaffle posted:

u broke your leg son? fight thru the pain, don't feed the bandage industry. bones can't really break...... thats just what they want you to think

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax

stuntwaffle posted:

nah ssris are good poo poo.went off them for like 2 months, then back on and the difference is night & day.poo poo feels like a low-key but still functional mdma buzz.dampens that part of your mind that's inclined to throw in the towel & sleep/stare at a wall for yet another day.

i will say however that coming off them is a unique brand of horrible, though.don't like being so reliant on the loving things.

true about weed & exercise though.combine Meds, weed & lifting for good times (stay hydrated though).meds give you energy & motivation, weed somehow makes it easier to nail good form & gives you the patience to do lots of reps without getting bored & the lifting releases endorphins into the chemical cocktail.really good way to get a deep workout, esp with suitable music

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax
yikes double post

e:i'm gay.so so very gay

Faux-Ass Nonsense fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Jun 20, 2014

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Faux-rear end Nonsense posted:

nah ssris are good poo poo.went off them for like 2 months, then back on and the difference is night & day.poo poo feels like a low-key but still functional mdma buzz.dampens that part of your mind that's inclined to throw in the towel & sleep/stare at a wall for yet another day.

i will say however that coming off them is a unique brand of horrible, though.don't like being so reliant on the loving things.

true about weed & exercise though.combine Meds, weed & lifting for good times (stay hydrated though).meds give you energy & motivation, weed somehow makes it easier to nail good form & gives you the patience to do lots of reps without getting bored & the lifting releases endorphins into the chemical cocktail.really good way to get a deep workout, esp with suitable music

im gay

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

same

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

you do realise though that when you tell depressed people they need to motivate themselves that this is like the main thing they cannot do right

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Bobby Deluxe posted:

you do realise though that when you tell depressed people they need to motivate themselves that this is like the main thing they cannot do right

shape up or ship out human being

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

i can't afford a weed habit on top of enjoying more expensive beer than i can afford

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax

Bobby Deluxe posted:

giving them constructive ways to develop motivation/strength of character is good though.sometimes people just don't learn that for whatever reason, and it's nice to help & be helped :gizz:

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Well I had a traumatic past involving near murder, hopping through borders on a young age and a shitton of death. So I think I have like a good reason to be depressed.

Other dudes are depressed cause they're not hardcore.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

no I know what to do to improve my life I just couldnt get myself to start the process. my wife dragged me to the doctor though so i am lucky i met her before things got bad

now i have finished initial counselling im working on publishing a boke and stock photography again and i am lifting small hand weights because gently caress getting so swole you cant wipe your own rear end without a stick or an assistant

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
some people are weak losers and thus they become depressed because they are weak losers

- Alexander the great

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Zzulu posted:

some people are weak losers and thus they become depressed because they are weak losers

- Alexander the great

he was sad.. in his own way...

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

now i have finished initial counselling im working on publishing a boke and stock photography again and i am lifting small hand weights because gently caress getting so swole you cant wipe your own rear end without a stick or an assistant
lift bigger things. much bigger things. you are not going to get super swole by accident unless you are eating like 4000 calories and shittons of protein and doing the lifting thing 5-6 days a week

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I went to the gym once and now I'm too swole to fit in my car

never again

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

maybe instead of going to the gym to lift useless bits of metal you could go round to the houses of depressed people and lift them out of bed

i am going to patent this if i ever get out of bed!!!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

or you know, build houses to solve the housing crisis. or do an hour's manual labour to fix the industrial / manufacturing deficet in the economy. or farming. or basically anything except pay through the nose to indulge your narcissism

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax
don't know about where you are, but construction here has p much collapsed.id love to work in that, know guys who were pulling in around 2k a week as skilled labourers for what's pretty chill work once you get into the rhythm of it

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

stuntwaffle posted:

Weed also contains :spooky:chemicals:spooky:

you might say it's a... chemical cocktail :ghost:

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Benedick Cuckold posted:

the only thing that keeps me going is my carefully cultivated delusion that science will find a way to make anime real sometime before i die

Fixed that for you godbless.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

don't know about where you are, but construction here has p much collapsed.
that's kind of the point

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
depression is normal.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Bobby Deluxe posted:

or you know, build houses to solve the housing crisis. or do an hour's manual labour to fix the industrial / manufacturing deficet in the economy. or farming. or basically anything except pay through the nose to indulge your narcissism

uhm, no

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax

Bobby Deluxe posted:

that's kind of the point

so what, start building random things or emigrate to somewhere where stuff needs to be built?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

more housing needs to be built like right now in the uk and us

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

so what, start building random things or emigrate to somewhere where stuff needs to be built?

This is what Minecraft is for. I've never seen anyone play Minecraft for hours on end and get depressed!

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax

Disco Pope posted:

This is what Minecraft is for. I've never seen anyone play Minecraft for hours on end and get depressed!

got a new phone (Sony Xperia e1) & it runs survivalcraft perfectly so ive been playing a bit of that but i keep getting eaten by lions

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Bobby Deluxe posted:

And you do realize that the only way one can get out of a depression that is not induced by chemicals loving up their brains or traumatic childhood events like molestation is basically kicking your own rear end out of it and taking those steps to get out of depression?

That's like saying that it's impossible for drug addicts or alcoholics to ever stop on their own, just too hard

Yeah some people need rehab, but a fuckton more just kick it on their own or with help of some friends

so go lift some heavy things and start smiling

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Benedick Cuckold posted:

the only thing that keeps me going is my carefully cultivated delusion that science will find a way to significantly extend the span of a human life sometime before i die

unironically this

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
(It starts with one)
One thing I don't know why
It doesn’t even matter how hard you try
Keep that in mind, I designed this rhyme
To explain in due time
(All I know)
Time is a valuable thing
Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings
Watch it count down to the end of the day
The clock ticks life away
(It’s so unreal)
Didn’t look out below
Watch the time go right out the window
Trying to hold on but didn’t even know
I wasted it all just to watch you go

I kept everything inside and even though I tried, it all fell apart
What it meant to be will eventually be a memory of a time when...

I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn't even matter

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

I wish Starbound was a dick so I could put it in my ass and mouth!

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

u broke your leg son? fight thru the pain, don't feed the bandage industry. bones can't really break...... thats just what they want you to think

no you moran i'm not saying depression don't real, i'm saying SSRIs suckkkkk

also there is no evidence that serotonin or dopamine levels are any different in depressed people vs. non-depressed people so what i'm saying is antidepressants are a pretty crude tool to fix a problem that is more complex than "brain chemistry"

also whoever said weed is also a chemical cocktail, you know what i mean you doofus

stuntwaffle fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jun 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

stuntwaffle posted:

no you moran i'm not saying depression don't real, i'm saying SSRIs suckkkkk
no, they took me from feeling like im in a dark room to feeling like i turned on the light and realised i was in aatrek's escape-proof sex dungeon all along, which makes them cool, and good.

• Locked thread