Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

lmaoboy1998 posted:

you can't pc game at the bar

its ok i can bring my nintendo ds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Hegay posted:

Times only in EST, "stream thread" is a link to some US broadcaster.. poor OP loving poor OP gently caress you

get you are times in your own timezone here: http://nextgame.info

i made it myself with code and things

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

the forums are dying

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Hegay posted:

the forums are dying

Just like football.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Hegay posted:

the forums are dying

schumacher took all the bad posts energy...

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

my stepdads beer posted:

this is solid and has all the important leagues, i hope it will also include fa cup fixtures op

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

the forums are dead at pwmcon

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

my stepdads beer posted:

Handy to know about this. THank.

PS database unavailable

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

lmaoboy1998 posted:

you can't pc game at the bar

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Make your choice. I choose alpha.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Ozil fat

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Phwoar look at those games today lads we're in for some tasty football samba action

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Make your choice. I choose alpha.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Schumacher is a vegetable. He has given his life force so that Germany may win the world cup.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Schumacher is a vegetable. He has given his life force so that Germany may win the world cup.

Yeah, I read that he "responds to voice and touch", that's not a good sign mate.

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
Today's predictions:

Nazis, Boko Haramis, Black Stars

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Syncopated posted:

Yeah, I read that he "responds to voice and touch", that's not a good sign mate.

Schumi is an Ipad

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Germany 3-2, Nigeria 2-0, Ghana 2-1.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Refchat, blah blah

Germany x Portugal
Ref: Milorad MAZIC (SRB)
AR1: Milovan RISTIC (SRB)
AR2: Dalibor DJURDJEVIC (SRB)
4th: Alioum ALIOUM (CMR) (Best name)
RAR: Djibril CAMARA (SEN)

Mazic is a newer FIFA referee. He did PSG's victory over Chelsea this year, as well as Barcelona 3 Milan 1, Arsenal 2 Napoli 1, and Manchester United 1 Shakhtar 0 in the group stages of the Champions League. Was also in charge of Valencia 3 Sevilla 1 in the Europa League semifinals. Was in charge of Germany's 3-0 win over Austria in WCQ, has never seen Portugal's senior team.

Iran x Nigeria
Ref: Carlos VERA (ECU)
AR1: Christian LESCANO (ECU)
AR2: Byron ROMERO (ECU)
4th: Wilmar ROLDAN (COL)
RAR: Humberto CLAVIJO (COL)

In WCQ in South America, he was on Argentina 1 Bolivia 1, Bolivia 1 Peru 1, Colombia 5 Bolivia 0, and Argentina 3 Peru 1.

Ghana x USA, and it's another TRP favorite!
Ref: Jonas ERIKSSON (SWE)
AR1: Mathias KLASENIUS (SWE)
AR2: Daniel WAERNMARK (SWE)
4th: Norbert HAUATA (TAH)
RAR: Marwa RANGE (KEN)

Eriksson was on Arsenal 1 Dortmund 2, City 0 Barca 2, Munich 3 United 1, and Atletico 0 Chelsea 0 in the Champions League this season.

madey
Sep 17, 2007

I saved the Olympics singlehandedly
This is probably the worst day of the tournament (apart from the days after the group stage when there is zero football :gonk:) so I stuck £10 on Nigeria and USA to win at 5/1. Should keep me interested.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

madey posted:

This is probably the worst day of the tournament

lmao are you serious

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

Ronaldo to beat Germany with a hat trick, followed by him tearing off his shirt and causing the rest of the teams to surrender to the most alpha player at the World Cup.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

madey posted:

This is probably the worst day of the tournament (apart from the days after the group stage when there is zero football :gonk:) so I stuck £10 on Nigeria and USA to win at 5/1. Should keep me interested.

Yes, the worst day of the tournament is the day that includes Germany vs Portugal

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

I can't wait for Taylor Twellman's commentary during the US match, I wonder if they'll mic his diaper.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

Yes, the worst day of the tournament is the day that includes Germany vs Portugal

Pfft, who cares about the first meeting in this world cup between two of the top 5 football teams in the world? - An Idiot

This is gonna own.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Destroy My Sweater posted:

I can't wait for Taylor Twellman's commentary during the US match, I wonder if they'll mic his diaper.

Jermaine Jones could punch Kevin Prince-Boateng in the throat and Taylor would still say "where's the foul? I don't see the foul. Terrible call against the US."

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Xachariah posted:

Pfft, who cares about the first meeting in this world cup between two of the top 5 football teams in the world? - An Idiot

This is gonna own.

Has all the pieces in place for a boring 0 0 draw.

Of course, a bunch of people were saying the same thing before Spain Netherlands (well, maybe not 0 0, but "games between big teams are always garbage"), and we all saw how that turned out.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

chaoslord posted:

Has all the pieces in place for a boring 0 0 draw.

Of course, a bunch of people were saying the same thing before Spain Netherlands (well, maybe not 0 0, but "games between big teams are always garbage"), and we all saw how that turned out.

How in the gently caress is a team with ronaldo vs a team with a host of amazing attacking players likely to be 0-0

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Can't wait for Pepe to see red

madey
Sep 17, 2007

I saved the Olympics singlehandedly
Germany Portugal is pretty cool but I fear that they are both so confident of a result in the other two matches they will take it easy on this one. I also got burned when I was pumped for Brazil Portugal last time which turned out to be terrible (yeah I know different circumstances).

I couldn't really give a toss about the other two matches, none of the teams bring anything particularly exciting to the table and I have a strong feeling that all of them will be out by the end of the group stage. If I knew these teams were playing friendlies against each other I wouldn't bother looking up the score.

edit: Wait, the Black Stars are pretty cool but I don't think they are as strong as last time.

madey fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Jun 16, 2014

quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009
i wont be able to watch any matches this USA afternoon so can some goonsire please text me live updates preferebly every 5 minutes?

my number is 1-800-large-men

Painkiller
Jan 30, 2005

You think the truth will set you free...

How in the gently caress is a team with ronaldo vs a team with a host of amazing attacking players likely to be 0-0

Both teams, wary of each other's counter-attack threat decide to play turgid possession football, slowly creeping up the field before lobbing an aimless cross that goes beyond Ronaldo/Muller (the only player in the box) and out for a throw in.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Painkiller posted:

Both teams, wary of each other's counter-attack threat decide to play turgid possession football, slowly creeping up the field before lobbing an aimless cross that goes beyond Ronaldo/Muller (the only players in the box) and out for a throw in.

Can't wait.

Vetitum
Feb 29, 2008

I hope you realise what Germany is truly capable of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTuPWa_W8Go

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

ephex posted:

I think we're ready for a matchday full of draws.

If germany dont win it for schumi idk ijdk op. The other 2 could draw, id be ok with it

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

Jermaine Jones could punch Kevin Prince-Boateng in the throat and Taylor would still say "where's the foul? I don't see the foul. Terrible call against the US."

This but the Iran match

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

when jozy scores and the site goes down please head over to twitch.tv/libertydragon420 i'll be playing some mario kart 8 and giving my commentary on the game, it'll be a chill place for everypony to just hang out and enjoy some soccer

quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009
posted the wrong number its actually 420-6969

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Just jokin around. On paper it should be one of the best games of the group stages (and I think it will be, even if Ronaldo is playing through injury), but it is A Thing where games between big teams turn out to be not good at all. That's all I was saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vetitum
Feb 29, 2008

chaoslord posted:

but it is A Thing where games between big teams turn out to be not good at all. That's all I was saying.
:spain: \/ :geert:

• Locked thread