Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

I prefer yu gi oh *snort*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
it's a shame the digimon card game was a broken piece of poo poo, they discontinued it after like the first series in amerikkka.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

digimon world 2 was better

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

stoutfish posted:

it's a shame the digimon card game was a broken piece of poo poo, they discontinued it after like the first series in amerikkka.

videogame was fun tho, even if everyone cheated and the red cards were way better than everything else

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012
Digimon was a cheap rip-off of Pokemon but in the year 2013 Pokemon ripped off Digimon by copying Mega evolutions.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

about_face posted:

Digimon was a cheap rip-off of Pokemon but in the year 2013 Pokemon ripped off Digimon by copying Mega evolutions.

eat poo poo human being

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
if they make a modern console digimon it better not have any of that bullshit digixros poo poo that threw evolution levels completely out the window

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

SpazmasterX posted:

if they make a modern console digimon it better not have any of that bullshit digixros poo poo that threw evolution levels completely out the window

I had to look this up. The gently caress is this poo poo?

This is up there with the "Digimon combined with people" stuff from whatever season of the anime.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Yestermoment posted:

I had to look this up. The gently caress is this poo poo?

This is up there with the "Digimon combined with people" stuff from whatever season of the anime.

the third and fourth series get really loving weird, and that's saying something when the end of the second series everyone gets a digimon.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
the end of adventure two is a loving travesty

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Action Tortoise posted:

the third and fourth series get really loving weird, and that's saying something when the end of the second series everyone gets a digimon.

The third season is the best season.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Borsche69 posted:

ya

I like 4 a lot too though. It's different but it's kind of an evolution of season 1's "exploration" theme

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

So I played DW1 again while the forums were down all this time.

gently caress that stupid pile of dirt in the drill tunnel.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I raise you Monster Rancher 2. Best ranching/monster raising game of all time. Just remember that xfiles question at the beginning and reply 'i want to believe'

COBRARocky
Jul 28, 2013

I always got the poo poo digimon

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Borsche69 posted:

third season was cool b/c that demon digimon who rode a bike got wings and an arm cannon and was loving awesome

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

also i dont remember but the villain was actually a DARPAnet poo poo and evangelion or whatever????!

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
This is p. much my fave game. After zero testing and checking, I have declared myself the foremost skilled speedrunner for this game so expect to watch my 4 hour block at sgdq next year. Agumon superiority, turn it into Meramon and then Andromon for success

e; gently caress drill tunnel? you some kind of pussy that place is easy7

Another Person fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jun 26, 2014

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Another Person posted:

This is p. much my fave game. After zero testing and checking, I have declared myself the foremost skilled speedrunner for this game so expect to watch my 4 hour block at sgdq next year. Agumon superiority, turn it into Meramon and then Andromon for success

e; gently caress drill tunnel? you some kind of pussy that place is easy7

It's the loving dirt pile to open up the lava cave. That pile is so tedious. The forums down was shorter.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Yestermoment posted:

It's the loving dirt pile to open up the lava cave. That pile is so tedious. The forums down was shorter.

play it on an emulator, speed up when doing dumb stuff like that

skrub

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
it was literally walking back and forth for 5 mins or so. just think about all the sick muscles your digimon is developing doing that work.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Neurolimal posted:

skrub

i'd watch speedruns more if fast forward was allowed

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Neurolimal posted:

skrub

emulator has much faster load times because the playstation struggles to read discs sometimes and that fucks up loadtimes in certain video games such as digimon world.

the translation of digimon world re digitize will be done in a few weeks.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...

Kazvall posted:

I raise you Monster Rancher 2. Best ranching/monster raising game of all time. Just remember that xfiles question at the beginning and reply 'i want to believe'

Hell Yeah.

TKImpulse
Oct 21, 2009

stoutfish posted:

they released like 5 different physical card games in the us and they all were trash, plus the pretty good ps1 game

Neurolimal posted:

videogame was fun tho, even if everyone cheated and the red cards were way better than everything else

see they know where it's at

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

This is a good place to wash myself of my sins, SomethingAwful Forums I am sorry for starting a Digimon World 2003 LP a year and abandoning it please forgive me.

I think the first 3 Digimon World games weren't good games (2 is maybe the "best" for not being as glitchy as 1 or as backtracky/grindy as 3), however as someone who still thinks Digimon are pretty cool I do find them fun. Except the grinding. Jesus the grinding. Even when speeding up in emulators it just completely puts me off half the time.

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

Kazvall posted:

love you, suezo

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

also i dont remember but the villain was actually a DARPAnet poo poo and evangelion or whatever????!

I thought the happy go lucky girl lost her Leomon and was taken over by a computer program that wanted to out-Rei Ayanami Rei Ayanami?

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

MykonosFan posted:

This is a good place to wash myself of my sins, SomethingAwful Forums I am sorry for starting a Digimon World 2003 LP a year and abandoning it please forgive me.

I think the first 3 Digimon World games weren't good games (2 is maybe the "best" for not being as glitchy as 1 or as backtracky/grindy as 3), however as someone who still thinks Digimon are pretty cool I do find them fun. Except the grinding. Jesus the grinding. Even when speeding up in emulators it just completely puts me off half the time.

one is the best you gay friend of the family.

I didn't get a ps1 untilway later and my mom won one of the little ones and gave it to me. I buyed it.from anothet kid who liked digimon but felt.like he was getting to old for it when I was in middle school. I played it a whole lot but the mechanics are super obscure and weird for a kid.

I always liked Gabumon but i wasn't able to progress i got a agumon. My first non-gameshark evolution was a centarumon. I like him a lot now.

I had a lot of little digimon toys when I was a kid and I'd go outside and play with them at the creek behind my house bc I didn't live near any other kids so i didnt have any friends or siblings or neighbors s o I think my parents felt bad for for me so they'd buy me stuff? I think my mom might have been barren bc I rememner being really young and her crying about not being able to give me a brother.

I lost my zudomon for a.while and thought he washed away in a big storm but then after my grandma died my grandpa sold their furniture and found it in the couch covers and that was good

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 611 days!
Digimon is like pokemon for retards. No offense.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Cesar Cedeno posted:

Digimon is like pokemon for retards. No offense.

Fug u

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Kazvall posted:

The only thing I didn't like about these games was that teaching monsters new moves was always some kind of dumb bullshit. I remember having a pixie in like A or S who still had her lovely physical attacks because she wouldn't loving learn an Int move for those slots.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Borsche69 posted:

lol someone never watch season 5 subbed

"punching digimon in the face makes my agumon evolve :sbahj:"

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

MykonosFan posted:

The Imp Zone really cares about you're LPs.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

aegof posted:

The only thing I didn't like about these games was that teaching monsters new moves was always some kind of dumb bullshit. I remember having a pixie in like A or S who still had her lovely physical attacks because she wouldn't loving learn an Int move for those slots.

Send your monsters on errantries you cheap bastard

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Kazvall posted:

Send your monsters on errantries you cheap bastard

I liked all the monsters with short lifespans, so I'd have to dedicate a monster's entire life to learning moves before it had a heart attack at the age of 3. Less, since errantries eat up lifespan pretty quick, and it was pretty rare to learn a move at all anyway.

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
I got monster rancher for Christmas as a kid while visiting family. And had no PlayStation at the house we were at :negative: then when I finally got to play it I just spent the whole time putting CDs in tryin take get new monsters and never really played it. Never could get a high eniugh rank to figure out what was on my crazy lez moms dido CDs.

Digimon world owned tho. Got that skullgreymon for being an abusive digidad. Is redigitize any good cuz ill hafta keep an eye on the translation if it is.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

SpazmasterX posted:

lol someone never watch season 5 subbed

"punching digimon in the face makes my agumon evolve :sbahj:"

haha yes!! most epic! the thing punches people in the god drat face! its jsut manly ,and epic, like all of my favorite anime

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Borsche69 posted:

haha yes!! most epic! the thing punches people in the god drat face! its jsut manly ,and epic, like all of my favorite anime
if you think about it, you're a machine conditioned to make posts like this. conditioned by society, conditioned by your fellow man

the truth is depressing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

quakster posted:

if you think about it, you're a machine conditioned to make posts like this. conditioned by society, conditioned by your fellow man

the truth is depressing

if you think about it, your a fag.

• Locked thread